W8 Done in the Sun 😊🌞: The odd mishap along... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,919 members β€’ 121,154 posts

W8 Done in the Sun 😊🌞

Granspeed
GranspeedGraduate
β€’11 Replies

The odd mishap along the way this morning - failed to notice the renewed puddles in The Dip so had to run with soggy left shoe. ☹️ And the moat beyond The Bridge has become a sticky quagmire so had to loop round a rather tussocky field track, but got there and home in the end. πŸ˜„ One week to go, I hope!

Am becoming a total Drama Queen about every little ache in case it’s a sign of injury! πŸ˜‚ Still, I think it must be a good sign to realise I’ve started giving names to parts of my regular route.

Trundle on happily (and safely!) everyone. πŸ‘πŸΌ

11 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Pianism
PianismGraduate

Well done! I know what you mean about injuries... I've pre-emptively got in the queue for physio at work just in case! I. Am. Finishing. This. Programme! :)

1 like
Couchpotato2
Couchpotato2Graduate

Yep, same here, ooh I have a slight ache in my foot, oh is that rubbing? I think my sock is not quite right, that might lead to something (sock faffage...). Not long now!

Granspeed
GranspeedGraduate
in reply to Couchpotato2

Ohhh. You’ve been eavesdropping. πŸ˜‚ Not forgetting: My laces are too loose/tight/tangled. πŸ˜„ We will make it!

1 like
Couchpotato2
Couchpotato2Graduate
in reply to Granspeed

Oh yes I forgot about laces. Bring back velcro!

1 like
ButtercupKid
ButtercupKidGraduate

Great work Granspeed ⭐️ Naming my landmarks works for me too πŸ˜„

Granspeed
GranspeedGraduate
in reply to ButtercupKid

Now obsessing over whether to go for a new route next week (I’m running out of paths, literally) or whether that might be a jinx.... πŸ˜‚

1 like
ButtercupKid
ButtercupKidGraduate
in reply to Granspeed

No, just a whole new opportunity ! Map out your whole region πŸ˜‚

1 like
orcadia
orcadiaGraduate
in reply to Granspeed

Well done on getting this far. I'm wondering exactly the same for week 8. Do I stick to known territory where I basically know where I am in my run by where I am, or do I move to new territory? The dilemmas we have to cope with...

Granspeed
GranspeedGraduate
in reply to orcadia

Hard life, right? πŸ˜‚ Good luck.

1 like
SpanishShuffle

Bloomin tussocks.

Well done. Wet feet are not nice πŸ’§

Granspeed
GranspeedGraduate
in reply to SpanishShuffle

Except at the beach. If it’s warm. 🌴