Couch to 5K
81,169 members112,473 posts

I finally felt like a runner today!

Just did week 7 run 3 today and felt like a runner for the first time. Right from the start I felt stronger and I *knew* I could complete the run and I even went off a little faster than usual! Part way through the wind really picked up and I realised I'd be running into a headwind on the way back and had a moment of doubt but then remembered I could just go slower! This is definitely a mind game this running stuff!! 🏃

Completed the run, went slightly further than usual and ran for an extra 2 1/2 minutes at the end - which means I now know I *can* do week 8 with its 28 minute runs. 😀

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Great job ⭐️ Go you !

1 like

Fantastic !!!! its good to know that at some point in the programme there is a point wen you just know you can do it. I always big myself up and talk myself into being able to complete every run, and I have up to just, but I would love to just think..I can do this no prob... and do it.hopefully another 2 weeks and it will come.

1 like

You are just one ahead of me. Such a pleasure to get here, isn’t it? 😊🏃🏼‍♀️🌞

1 like

Sounds like a great run... I really felt that strength in week 7 too. Enjoy week 8... almost there now.

1 like

And then just 2 more mins in week 9, you're on the home straight! Enjoy!

1 like

Congratulations, almost there, only six more runs until you graduate, 🎓onwards and upwards to week 8.😊🏃

1 like

Fantastic: it’s such a good feeling, and less than 2 months after starting! This programme really is magic!

1 like

You may also like...