Week 6 run 3 done!!!!!!: I can't believe I've... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,321 members โ€ข 120,421 posts

Week 6 run 3 done!!!!!!

orcadia
orcadiaGraduate
โ€ข11 Replies

I can't believe I've just run for 25 mins and even managed to speed up a little for the last minute, as instructed by Michael. At the start I thought I was going to struggle due to the cold: it was too feisty to run this morning and half way through my warm up walk I could barely feel my fingers- and that's with gloves on! - and was wishing I'd worn a thermal top. However I persevered, helped by the gorgeous (if wintery) light and the herons, geese, oystercatchers and curlews I spotted. I wasn't too cold in the end, and I made it -even though it felt like my 5 minute cool down walk was a 2 minute stagger followed by a 3 minute walk!! I see the app has now officially classed me as a runner! A very slow jogger maybe... I definitely don't feel like a runner yet but I do feel much fitter and can't believe I'm managing this! Even in my fittest days, playing lots of sport, I never had the stamina to run continuously for any length of time at all.

11 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
welsby1967
welsby1967Graduate

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

1 like
UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Great run. You got this now. Joggers are runners too BTW ๐Ÿ˜‚. Enjoy week 7.

1 like
orcadia
orcadiaGraduate
in reply to UnfitNoMore

I know joggers are runners too, but it doesn't feel like I'm a "real" runner yet. Hopefully that will come!

UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator
in reply to orcadia

Itโ€™s all subjective... put me next to Sir Mo and Iโ€™m a jogger... but I can outrun the 4 year olds at junior parkrun ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

2 likes
ktsok
ktsokGraduate
in reply to orcadia

So what constitutes a โ€˜realโ€™ runner?! I think someone who laces up their running shoes and goes out in sub-zero temperatures qualifies, donโ€™t you?! ๐Ÿ™ƒ

3 likes
UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator
in reply to ktsok

Iโ€™m not a real runner???

1 like
ktsok
ktsokGraduate
in reply to UnfitNoMore

๐Ÿคฃ

ktsok
ktsokGraduate
in reply to UnfitNoMore

Itโ€™s ONE definition, UNM, but not the only one!

UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator
in reply to ktsok

Iโ€™m getting out there if the last of the ice has gone and the snow doesnโ€™t come... canโ€™t have me not meeting all definitions!

2 likes
orcadia
orcadiaGraduate
in reply to UnfitNoMore

You're now the only person in the country praying that the snow and ice continues. ๐Ÿคฃ

2 likes
ThomasLardy
ThomasLardyGraduate

Well done! I felt much the same this evening doing the same run, I'm impressed you managed to speed up at the end ๐Ÿ‘ I'm going to see if I can do that next time...!

1 like

You may also like...