w4r3 a bit of a roller coaster!: So, after my... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
106,098 members137,077 posts

w4r3 a bit of a roller coaster!

suziefb
suziefbGraduate

So, after my great w4r2 the other day I went out all gung ho, set off on the first 3 mins too fast and my Achilles/calf did something weird and I had to walk! Had a little cry and felt very sorry for myself, paused the run and headed home. As I walked it eased and I tentatively started jogging again and unpaused the run, and surprisingly I managed the whole thing very slowly and gently and my leg felt OK. Feels slightly stiff and a bit strange now though so hope it won't seize up . What a roller coaster of a run. Learnt a lesson about not setting off to fast! Might leave an extra days rest to make sure and up my stretches. Christmas might get in the way now too!

Felt a bit dispirited and then read a few inspirational posts on here and cheered myself up. I WILL get there, if with a few ups,downs and pauses! Thanks everyone for all your support (welling up again now- what a softie I am!)

2 Replies
oldestnewest
UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Sensible today, so great that you could go and complete it. I hope there’s no reaction, and yes, take that extra rest day.

You’re right... you will get there, no doubt about it. Enjoy the next.

suziefb
suziefbGraduate
in reply to UnfitNoMore

thanks for the encouragement unfitnomore,

I struggled a bit on the w5run1 but Achilles was OK, and I took it much slower. Learnt a lesson about not setting off too fast, and have just done w5,r3. Onwards and upwards!

You may also like...