Wee 5k but got a question: Lovely wee 5k around... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
86,066 members β€’ 117,795 posts

Wee 5k but got a question

Lovely wee 5k around home this morning with the hills. 26min dead, happy that I'm being consitant. When I started this all, I only had to look at my trainers and I was sweating buckets loads. I've been noticing that it's taking longer for it Flow out. So I checked the time this morning. 17 mins it took to feel it on my head and about 20 to be in full flow. Is this a good or bad thing?

4 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

I am sure you are very happy with your 26 minute time JL, Not sure if it is a good time for sweating after running for 20 minutes, depends on the weather John, or if you are wearing too much or how much your pace is, 26 minutes I would think

PS, my phone sent you my post before I finished my post to you, I was saying '26 minutes I would think would make you sweat a little bit.' By the way I have bought all my special Xmas food at Tescos, 😊😊😊😊

1 like

I could sweat for England and that has not changed a bit since I started running five and a half years ago.

Sweating is a sign of exertion, but we all have different thresholds and as far as I am aware there is no standard or norm in these things.

2 likes

I can't say that I give it much thought😰, I expect that we sweat less in the colder temperatures, but I certainly haven't timed it😊

Clearly you are getting fitter, and nice time on the 5 k.

You may also like...