Couch to 5K
79,573 members β€’ 110,848 posts

Week 6 Run 3 - who'd have thought it?!

So this was me 6 years ago to the day (tomorrow) - about to start Cycle 3 of very aggressive chemotherapy. The hair is a wig (I lost all mine!). Some days I couldn't even walk for 25 steps, never mind run for 25 minutes! Who would have thought (not me) that 6 years later I would be running Week 6 Run 3, and be in this amazing community (and Michael Johnson says I'm officially a runner now ....and who am I to disagree?!).

Thank you SO much for all the support there is on here. Bring on Week 7 (slow and steady, I know, I know!) :)

44 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

How fantastic.... and what an inspiring story. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy wk 7! X

1 like

I will (try πŸ˜‰)!

1 like

Well there’s only one word. Amazing!πŸ‘πŸ€—πŸ€—β€οΈβ€οΈ

1 like

I think everyone’s amazing on here πŸ˜€

1 like

πŸ€—πŸ€—β€οΈ

Go you!!!

1 like

Go you too!!

1 like

So happy for you SueAK!! πŸ’ͺπŸ’πŸƒ

1 like

Thank you (actually, I’m happy for me too 😊!)

2 likes

Inspirational... wow... what an achievement in all levels!

Slow and steady... it works.. in everything and not just running :) You are awesome!

PS

And.. you are a RUNNER!!!!! xx

1 like

Thank you. YOU are awesome Oldfloss, and an inspiration 😊

2 likes

Wow that's just fantastic. How wonderful :)

1 like

Awww, thank you Linda. Just got to get to Week 9 Run 3 now!

2 likes

Well done - sat grinning at your post. The picture takes me back to when my mam had chemo sat in a circle with other people all going through the same thing. So pleased for you πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

1 like

Yes, it’s like a knitting circle, but way more unpleasant πŸ™. I’m very grateful to be in this place now (& on this forum 😊). Thank you SO much Zaza.

2 likes

Wonderful post!

Thank you for sharing πŸ€—

I laughed at the slow and steady 🀭, I'm loving my inner πŸŒπŸ‘

Enjoy Week 7 and the rest of your running journey πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’ͺπŸ™Œ

1 like

Inner snail works for me! πŸŒπŸ‘!

1 like

Yes, truly inspirational!!!

I’ve had plenty of inspiration along the way (not least this forum 😊)

1 like

Fantastic SueAK - let us know when you graduate!πŸ˜€

1 like

Oh I will! There’ll be bubbly & tears that day (not necessarily in that order)(but possibly πŸ˜‚) ...

1 like

Get a hanky ready and a bottle on ice!

1 like

Amazing xxx

1 like

Just stubborn, positive, and very fortunate (oh, and very glad to have found this programme 😊)

1 like

Well done! Such an inspiration x

1 like

See reply to Mcdon - but thank you 😊! I see you’re doing week 3 - go for it! Hope it’s going well πŸ‘

1 like

Truly fantastic

1 like

Well I see you’re a graduate ⭐️, so am in awe! Hope to follow in your footsteps (running steps!) ....

1 like

I may have graduated but I am still massively impressed with everyone doing the programme. Particularly those in the early weeks

1 like

Gave me goosebumps! Well done x I’m about to do week 6 run 3 in approximately 1 hour 😬 hard work but enjoying it , I think ! X

1 like

Go for it! If I can do it, you can πŸ˜€! Let us know how you do ....

1 like

Did it ! Followed by a 30 minute dog walk πŸ˜ƒ

1 like

Well done, especially to follow it with a dog walk 😊

1 like

Reading this put a massive smile on my face. Thank you for sharing such an inspirational story! Well done, looking forward to seeing your graduation post :)

1 like

Thank you - I’m looking forward to seeing my graduation post too πŸ˜‚

A wonderful story...good luck in your running journey πŸ‘πŸƒπŸ½β€β™€οΈ

1 like

Thank you 😊

Wonderful you-the fact you’re smiling whilst receiving chemo is awesome. Have fun graduating & enjoy every moment xx

1 like

My daughter was with me & she always puts a smile on my face 😊. Failed in the fun stakes today (week 7 run 2), but will learn my lessons!

1 like

Looking at your photo and reading your post it could have been me six years ago too. I’m only on week 2 so a way to go but you are an inspiration. Well done and keep running.

1 like

Ah well done you as well! You must have done some runs now since this post; how’s it going?

I'm a cancer survivor too and I know just how you feel. It's amazing what we can achieve and I'm as proud of graduating from Couch to 5K as anything that I've done in my life. You are going to feel amazing in a few weeks time when you graduate too. I look forward to seeing your victory post! Best wishes.

3 likes

Sorry for delay in replying to your lovely post (grandmother duties called!). I see that you’ve graduated and are now running 5K - an inspiration! Hope I get there! Well done you 😊

What a fantastic inspiration you are to everyone ...well done you

You may also like...