W5R3 Woooohoooo 20 mins run DONE!: I have to... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

109,692 members141,761 posts

W5R3 Woooohoooo 20 mins run DONE!

Ceri1969
Ceri1969Graduate

I have to admit that I almost bottled this run today! I was talking myself out of giving it a go even before I got to the gym. But to my surprise I smashed it. I’m so totally proud of myself

9 Replies
oldestnewest
UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Do you believe yet? That’s the run that says, more than any other “I can do this”

Great job... give week 6 respect, it looks like it starts easy, but it’s caught people out, more than any other time, slow and steady is the way to go. Enjoy knocking those runs down.

Ceri1969
Ceri1969Graduate in reply to UnfitNoMore

Yes I’ve noticed week 6 has caught many out. Good advice

Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate

Good for you running 20 minutes is a big achievement

Brilliant, well done, I was convinced I would stop at some point during this run, but didn’t, I hurt the next day though

Ceri1969
Ceri1969Graduate in reply to Lansdown49

Me too, my legs keep seizing up, despite stretching before and after the run

Very well done, I’m just starting W5 😀

jiggles7
jiggles7Graduate

Cracking effort! Enjoy week 6 😀

Hidden
Hidden

Well done Ceri1969! That's my next run and I'm really looking forward to it. Completed W5R2 this morning and felt I could have kept going after the first 8 mins (not so much the second 8 mins though!). I'm sticking to the plan and feeling inspired after your post. :)

Ceri1969
Ceri1969Graduate in reply to Hidden

For me it was the mental effort to run for that length of time. I did reduce my run after 10 mins to 5.5 km per hour though but I kept going. GOOD LUCK, let me know how you did xxxx

You may also like...