Couch to 5K
76,238 members β€’ 107,786 posts

Park run course run - 😁😁😁😁 and the hill! β›°!!!!!! Another 5k!

So the forecast was for a moderate breeze and cloud, about 17 degrees. Perfect! Went to Lydiard Park, where my local park run takes place. I'd walked it before but wanted to run it before trying the park run- there is a bit of a hill that has to be run twice....

The sun came out as we arrived! Oh no! But off I went, a bit too fast of course! Got to the hill the first time and it was tough. I was hot in the sun but kept going. The second circuit was tough too and had to really dig in up the hill for the second time. But did it!!!!! Very sweaty at the end! It was supposed to be cool!! Another 5k though! And faster than the first amazingly!!

I need to practice running up hills!!!

22 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Well done! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thanks! 😁😁

1 like

Good idea - I did think about doing that with ours but for the life of me I can’t work out where the course goes πŸ˜‚ Are you doing it for real on Saturday?

1 like

Not this week. My sister is in Spain til the weekend and she will kill me if I do it without her! Hopefully in a couple of weeks. 😎😎

1 like

Fantastic Ang33333 ~ and are you getting prettier each time you post? 😊

1 like

Ha ha! No! Sweatier I think!! Sunglasses help! 😎😎

1 like

Awww well you look great, and well done! 😊

1 like

Well done Ang! I went to the park where my local Park Run takes place earlier in the week but like telford_mike I couldn’t suss out the route either πŸ˜‚ Looked like there were several inclines and I’m not keen on hills of any sort! Tbh at the moment I don’t feel ready, I find the thought of Park Run really daunting. Since I came off the IC I’ve been finding just doing the 30 minutes runs really tough, not got back to anywhere near 5k yet so I think I just need to try and keep consolidating for a few more weeks and get on top of the niggles and beat the gremlins. Good luck if you do it for real on Saturday, let us know how you get onπŸ‘πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Ž

1 like

Thanks. I'm really not keen on hills either. Hope you're back to 5k soon! 😁

1 like

Well done Ang! Good luck running parkrun - you'll love it xx

Thanks! Hope so! 😁

1 like

Well done you!

I’m in Cerney so looking at doing the Ciren park run, once I get some distance up! Lol πŸ‘πŸ»

Is there one there? Will have a look. I'm in Marlborough. Cirencester isn't much further than Lydiard. 😁

Yeah at the Aggie college

Might see you there, I’ll be the one at the back ! 🀣

1 like

I am so glad that you enjoyed your run today, nice picture, look at the colour of that grass, need rain.

1 like

So dry here. Raining at the moment! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Very well done on the 5K park run Ang!

That’s a very posh park you go to. You can always tell because it has lavatories and not toilets πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 like

Ha ha! It's a nice park on the edge of Swindon. About 20 mins from where I live. Lots of paths to run as well as the course ones. 😁😁

1 like

Brilliant!!!!! Well done!!!!!

1 like

Thank you! 😎

Well done Ang!! I know what you mean about hill work, I am going to have to pull on my big girl pants and just do them. Enjoy your park run, you'll love it :) :)

1 like

Thanks. I don't even like walking up hills! πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

1 like

You may also like...