Couch to 5K
62,513 members95,317 posts

Amazed i'm now at W7R2

First post 55 years old, I've followed the C25k religiously and apart from a week off due to a chesty cold have managed to do 3 runs a week. Each time I went out from the start of W5 I was full of doubt that I could step up the duration. Each time ive proved myself wrong. I'm now at W7R2 and I'm going out with a different outlook. I know I can do the duration and can now build stamina and speed. Don't get me wrong I'm finding it tough, I'm slow and steady but with the right tunes, Laura and a good mental attitude I've got this far and the end is nearer than the start. I just wanted to thank all on here who have given their advice and encouragement. Onwards to graduation.

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done! This is what it’s all about 😃💪👍.

2 likes

Yeaaaa well done you. I do slow and steady and it’s got me to W 7 R3 this morning..... we can do this. 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

1 like

Well done! Glad you’ve joined us at last. Enjoy the next run.

2 likes

I can't believe it either. . . . . . W7 and this is your FIRST post. Where have you been man?!

Fantastic progress, 2 weeks to go, you're on the home straight. See you at the finish line!

Keep running and keep posting!

1 like

Well done! I look forward to seeing your graduation post!

1 like

Well done. It's an amazing programme that works and you sound like you have the right attitude to smash this! I'm on week 8 run 3 and I'm just about to set off but before I go I like to look on here for inspiration! Your positive attitude will help me today so keep posting 👍🏃🐌👍

1 like

Well done! I’m 57 at the end of the month and just done W8R1. Just like you, never thought I could do this, but we can 👏🏻

1 like

Hey! Week 7, Run 2 scheduled for tomorrow. I’m finding the heat very draining so whilst I have completed the last two 25 minute runs I have had no energy and feel I am making little progress. Week 6, Run 3 completed faster than Week 7, Run 1 which I found disappointing. Aiming to get out and run before 7am tomorrow in the hope that I beat the heat of the sun. I am 57 and doing couch to 5k for the first time. It’s definitely been tough but I feel like I am going to make it through to the end. At the moment I’m considering doing couch to 5k once a year but probably in January next time. Love the summer but not for running!

Well done you! Literally following in your footsteps. How are you coping with the heat?

1 like

Same with me I get out mainly early evening and it's tough with the heat this last 2 weeks. I tried a morning but even though it was cooler I was not in the shade as much as I run the canal path so it felt hotter!!!. I really have to dig in to complete 25mins atm. Hoping things will ease as i do more at this duration. Good luck we're not far off now. 😁

I’m not usually a morning person but have been going out at 7.30am to avoid the heat. Still warm but a bit of a breeze here.

1 like

Well done! I'm at exactly the same stage as you. Amazed to have got this far having not run in a meaningful way for decades, and I'm 64 (I find that hard to believe as well - where has the time gone?). Having surprised myself, completing weeks 1 to 6 on schedule with no great problem, I then struggled with W7 runs 2 & 3 , so went back to W7R2 on Saturday after a three day break and all was well. W7R3 tomorrow - wish me luck. All the best for the final push!

1 like

Hey Ray, well done hope it goes well for W7R3. Ive just got back from W7R2 and managed to do an extra 7 minutes!! Everything seemed to just click so I just kept going. I’ve been worried a bit about my right knee but I strapped it up and after 5 mins didn’t feel any pain. I’ll probably regret it tomorrow. It’s great to see all ages trying to improve their fitness and health. I must admit I do like the challenge aspect of this method, not sure that I’d manage to stick it without the support.

Wow, 7 minutes extra is impressive. That suggests that you will be absolutely fine for weeks 8 & 9, as you have already proved that you can do more than 30 minutes. As you say, the support is key to keeping up with the programme. Not sure I would manage without a voice of encouragement in my ear! Well done.

1 like

Amazing well done you!

I've just done W7R3 and feel exactly the same. Slow and steady always wins the race..

1 like

You may also like...