Couch to 5K
76,327 members β€’ 107,872 posts

Chuffed, managed my first 5k

Hi all

Feeling really chuffed with my little self. Graduated a few weeks ago and this morning managed to run a full 5k for the first time. It took 41 minutes, and as I usually just do 30 I am well pleased. I had a really tough run on Tuesday night due to the heat and felt really tired, then Thursday wasn't too bad and I knew I would have to run longer to do 5k, and this morning it all came together and with some fantastic help from hubby I did it. Even incorporated some hills on purpose!! A lot of it is definitely mind over matter, and just proves his program really does work.

Good runs, bad runs, but progressing and enjoying being a runner.

Hope you all have a good week x

11 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Thats great! Havent got to 5k yet. Am so slow! 🐌🐌🐌

Thanks. Im not particularly fast, hence having to run 41 mins, but I just wanted to be able to do 5k. Endurance not speed is my mantra x

Mine too. Aim is to increase to 5k over the next 3 weeks. 😊

That’s fantastic B.B.! Are you from Beeston nr Nottingham?

Congratulations on running a full 5K. πŸ˜€

1 like

Thanks, I'm from the Leeds, West Yorkshire one.

1 like

Aah, I see. I won’t be saying β€˜I might see you at a park run’ then πŸ˜‚

1 like

Well done to you! Especially in this heat. It’s a great feeling isn’t it? I managed my first 5k just over a week ago and it felt better than graduating. Enjoy the feeling and good luck with your next run 😎

1 like

Hi well done. You sound just like me . I'm trying for the 5k rather than the speed . Should be there in a couple of weeks if all goes to plan. Imagine it will take me somewhere near to 45 mins. Good luck with them Yorkshire hills. My niece lives there and I can just about walk up them when I visit.

1 like

Thanks and best wishes for your first 5k, it really is a wonderful feeling and I am sure you will get there soon.

1 like

Excellent! Well done and hills too! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Well done! You are so right, it's definitely a head thing. Maybe I don't need new legs, I just need a new head!

1 like

You may also like...