Couch to 5K
76,826 members108,282 posts

Watch me son!! W6R2 in the bag!

I was so tired this morning and feeling a little stiff. I was clock watching for a bit too! Trying to convince myself to get up to get out early before the heat really kicks in. By 9am, I was thinking too late for that, it’s going to be another new experience today! 😬

I finally got up and dilly dallied getting ready for the run! Even hotter out there now! 😬😬But then my son was leaving to go training and with broad shoulders and a bounce in his step he said, “See you in a hour Mum, I’m off training!”, so I really had to give my best impression of broad shoulders and adding a bit of swing and a bop I said, “Yeah, see you in an hour, I’m off running!”, he gave me a thumbs up and a massive smile before leaving! Sometimes it’s the littlest things that mean a lot!!

Yes it was hot, but it was absolutely fantastic too! I decided a road run on a Saturday would probably be too hazardous, so I went to the little park close by. It was a good decision, as I almost had it to myself the whole time. Just me, Michael and my music! We did it together!! Yes!! I can do it! I can do it!

I hope my fellow Saturday runners had a great run today too! Keep going everyone! ❤️❤️

32 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done!

The first sentence had my pulse racing and didn’t lead where I thought that was going 😳🤣🤣🤣

2 likes

🤣 I won’t ask Jay! Thank you so much! See maybe you like a bit of mystery, like me. ❤️❤️

1 like

You are an unstoppable force of nature Fabulous! Well done and I’m glad you got the nod and smile of respect from your son! 😀

2 likes

Thank you Simon! Yeah, it was really nice! Put a spring in my step! 😁❤️❤️

3 likes

Nice post Fabulous and I concur a small gesture from our kids goes a long way to warming the heart. You are doing great!! :) :)

1 like

Thank you so much Lori! I’m feeling great! ❤️❤️

1 like

Because you're doing great!! :)

1 like

Well done we did it!!!

2 likes

Congratulations Becky!! 💃🏽 💃🏽 🙌🏽! Yes we did!! ❤️❤️

2 likes

Yes, we did!! 😊😊

2 likes

Awesome job! I’m right there with you. Just back from W6R2 😊. We’ve so got this! 👍

1 like

Well done Fabulous and you other W6R2 runners, I was with you this morning in the sun and loving it! 😄👍🏻

1 like

Fantastic! We’re doing alright here! Thank you and well done you! ❤️

Great post and great work Fabulous! I love how you write. ❤️

How lovely to have the park to yourself on a gorgeous day...and what a great start to the weekend. 😁

1 like

Thank you so much Little-runner! I couldn’t believe my luck with the park being almost empty on a beautiful day like this! I’m definitely all topped up with energy now!! Hope you’re doing great too! ❤️❤️

I start week 6 tomorrow morning. Super excited! Sometimes I wish I didn’t have to have a rest day 😆

1 like

W6...Wooh hooo! 😁 I know the feeling Little-runner! It is so super exciting! I’m not scratching that particular itch of curiosity to go out on the rest day! I’m listening keenly to all the advice to try to make sure that I can make it to the finish line and beyond! Have a great run tomorrow! Enjoy!! ❤️❤️

Another brilliant job!! Our very own Bionic Woman!!

That's the least session with an (increasingly annoying and irksome) walk break in it.

Now you can just relax and run around. You are doing an awesome job, hon xxx

1 like

Thank you Sallenson! I’m banking on not missing the walk breaks! 😬 but I’ll be going for it (slowly 🐌), no matter what! That bit of fear (lots sometimes) has made me pluck something out of the magic bag that I never knew I had, every time! I may grow to like fear, but I’m in no rush! 🤣 🤣 You know some of us ladies like to have everything but the kitchen sink in our bags......well I’m hoping that I’ve got lots of surprises in mine! It would be amazing to trade the phrase fear for excitement, by the end of the programme! ❤️❤️

1 like

Fantastic!!! Our kids can be the best inspiration. 😇

1 like

They sure can! Thank you cc! ❤️

1 like

Another good run in the bag :-) Great that your son is so supportive, and love the thought of you trying to make your shoulders look broad ;-)

1 like

Thanks Eiralas. Yes, they both are! Great boys! Got to do something as they both dwarf me now and I’m not small. Well, I didn’t used to be! Lol 😂

How are you getting on in recovery? ❤️

Enjoy feeling small :-)

I'm ok, still doing the exercises, cat still 'helping' on occasion- if I could just train her to walk around on the right bits then it would be like having a massage 🐈

1 like

I often get walked on by my cat! And definetly not the right bits! 🤣 We live in hope!

Glad you’re ok!! I guess doing the exercises takes patience, just like our runs, steady progression makes for good results though!! ❤️

That sounds like a lovely run.

Such a nice anecdote with your son.

1 like

Thanks Rob! Seems like we’re all on a personal mission at home. It’s so nice to have my own going on! ❤️

Well done! It was so hot this morning and i ran at 7!! 😊😊😊😊

1 like

Good on you Ang! Good idea in this heat! I’m heading out early for W6R3 tomorrow and then I’ve got a new challenge, as I’m working away for most of the week. Gosh, I sure do know how to pack ‘em in! W7 and running while away will be new territory for me. No idea where I’ll be running, but I’m packing my gear and I’ll have to sort it out. 😬

Has it really only been 6 weeks? ......really? 😱 ❤️

Don’t know how I missed this post yesterday 😊 well done! Especially in the heat 😎 no more walking for you now 😃😃😃 weirdly it’s easier! Even now I don’t like to walk after starting to run as I find it harder to get going again 😀😀

1 like

Ah thank you so much Bridget! There's a lot to keep up with isn't there? 😁 Im glad to hear its easier. Im really hoping that's my experience tomorrow. If it is, then be warned....another over-excited new runner post to follow. If not, hey....its all part of the journey and its not over unless I quit. Thats not in the plan! So, I had better go and get ready for work and bed! Run 3, I'm coming for ya!

Catch you later Bridget! ❤️

1 like

I’ll look out for your post 👀😃

1 like

You may also like...