Couch to 5K
54,786 members87,276 posts

Finished! Now how do I get my badge? :D

Well, I did not think I would enjoy this programme as much as I have when I initially started, but it has been great fun, along with a few trials and tribulations. I have now run between 2 and 3 times a week most weeks for the past few months, and along the way have come to enjoy running and also lost a stone in weight.

mfamilias encouraged me to start and thank you to her and all the rest of you on here for cheering me on from that very first run until the end, this forum has been brilliant, such a lovely community!

I managed another 5k today, albeit at a slower pace as I was not as energetic today. Took just over 40 mins. Off to China tomorrow, no idea if this forum is blocked or not over there, so potential silence from me now for a fortnight.

Good luck to everyone else who is in week 9, sorry if I miss your victory dance while I’m away!

39 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow! Congratulations you!! What work to get to this stage...and all the positive side effects. Have a super trip. 🎉🎉🎉 ps there’s a pinned post to get your badge!

2 likes

Thank you! Hoping I can find a nice route out there while I’m there! :)

Congratulations! 👏👏👏 Well done you. Enjoy your trip 😊

Thanks!! :)

1 like

Thank you! :)

1 like

Congratulations! And enjoy China.

1 like

Thanks! :)

1 like

Well done! Fantastic 😃🎉😃🎉😃

1 like

Thank you!!

1 like

🎓 I'm so thrilled for you! Well done that girl. 👏👏👏 Do not pass Go, go and collect that medal 🏅and give yourself a massive pat on the back. Take one from me too!! 🏃‍♀️💨💨💨 🍾🍾🍾 Enjoy your trip and safe travels 🛫 ⛩

1 like

Thank you!! Patting my own back vigorously haha! You must be near the finish line too right? Good luck!!!

1 like

R2 tomorrow. Grad on Sunday hopefully 😬

1 like

Congratulations Rua. Brilliant!! :)

1 like

Thank you! :)

congratulations, very well done and have a fantastic trip, hopefully we will hear from you in China next! You have been amazing

1 like

Thank you!! Hope you are doing ok and the running is still helping. Fingers crossed I will still be able to get on here in China and see how you’re all getting on :)

1 like

just one more run for me!

1 like

Woooh hooo! Congratulations Rua8, Well done for completing the programme. It’s brilliant to have graduates stay on and inspire us to keep going!

Amazing!! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽🎓🏆❤️

1 like

Thank you!! And good luck to you in your next runs, keep at it, the feeling at the end is so worth it! :)

1 like

I will! Have a fabulous holiday!! ❤️

1 like

Congratulations 🏃‍♀️😎🍾🍾🏅🏆

1 like

Thank you!!

1 like

Congratulations!🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

1 like

Thanks Ang! :)

1 like

Brilliant hon!! Well done!! Go and run along The Great Wall and send us all a pic of you being a grown-up runner :-)

1 like

Thank you! I ended up not running the entire time I was out there, argh!! First post graduation run was tonight, it was ok but knees felt it!!

Woohoo Rua - congratulations!!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🍾🎓💪🏼😬

Thanks! :) :)

Well done😀

1 like

Thank you!

Congrats to you, I hope you find time to have at least one run in China

1 like

Thanks! Alas no, but back on it tonight! :)

Many congratulations! 😀👍🍾🥂🏆🏁🎓

1 like

Thank you!

Yay congratulations Rua!!!

Enjoy your trip 😊

1 like

Thank you!

Well done, I knew you'd come through with flying colours! Now it's time to enjoy China, then enjoy being able to go out and run 5k in the knowledge that a few months ago you were doing 30 second intervals :)

1 like

Thank you! 30 second intervals seem so far away now!!

2 likes

You may also like...