Couch to 5K
57,486 members89,980 posts

Week 1 Run 2 complete!

I’ve just got home after completing W1R2 and I’m feeling much better than I did after my first run. Although I still had to push myself to not stop, I found it much easier. W1R3 reminder set for Sunday...hope that goes just as well!

12 Replies
oldestnewest

It will get easier. You will find your pace & ease into it gradually. Well done for starting- you've got the worst bit over now. Onwards & upwards from here on. You got this. You can do it.

1 like

I hope so, thank you!

1 like

Slow and steady is the way :)

2 likes

Well done! It’s easy to forget how hard those early runs feel when you move into the longer runs (you’ll know that yourself in a couple of weeks). The urge to stop doesn’t disappear for everyone. I have to overrule it on pretty much every run but it’s part of the mental challenge and every run makes your body and mind a little bit stronger. Good luck for Sunday!

3 likes

Thank you!!

Glad it’s not just me! I struggled with W5R2 yesterday. Like you say - it’s the mental challenge rather than the physical one - well it is for me anyway. I’m not new to running - just back after a long break for medical reasons & i have never run for longer than 4 mins - well i have now - 8 mins yesterday!

1 like

You won’t believe this but if you stick to the plan you will be running 20 minutes and wondering how you found 60 seconds so tough. Well done 👍 🏃‍♀️😀

1 like

Ive just done W1R2, glad to find someone else at the same point ☺️ I’m terrible at this but I’m trying. I struggle with my breathing and I’m dreading the longer runs because I just manage the 60 seconds haha. Well done on you completing your second run!! You’ll do grand on Sunday!

1 like

I can’t wait to get out and do it tomorrow! When will you be doing R3?

Monday for me! Let me know how you get on tomorrow ☺️

1 like

I will do!

How did you do today??

You may also like...