Couch to 5K
52,480 members84,544 posts

Had hold back my tears of happiness w5r2 done!

Well I was so worried and I mean very very worried about this run, have been since I seen 8 minute runs times 2!

With almost failing w5r1 too I can honestly say I was more nervous going to gym for my treadmill run than going for job interviews 😑😳

BUT......I only went and done it 🏃

I cannot believe it 😁

Just before, around 7 minutes in I started watching the clock and tears were stopping me seeing

This means the absolute world to me getting this far (and of course further) I can run for 8 minutes YES ME I keep telling myself 😉🙃 I cannot believe I did it.

I am just so much closer to the 5k my family and I are training for in July 😁

I am ecstatic right now and I owe it to this programme and all you fellow runners 🏃for the input and support you've given me. I ❤️🏃

19 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done you! Lovely to hear of your success! Keep it up, slow and steady! Well done!

1 like

Thank you 😊

Well done! Great feeling isn’t it? 💪🏼😊

1 like

Thank you, an amazing feeling 😁

Well done! What an achievement - enjoy the feeling and i hope it continues with each run as you get further :-)

1 like

Thank you, I think it will 😁

I’ve got my r2 tomorrow! I feel the same! How do I keep going for 8 minutes? Well done for getting through it. Congrats 🎉

1 like

Thank you 😊

This is what I was saying to myself even as I walked into the gym BUT believe me and of course I'm the programme 😁

It was amazingly easy to do BUT I wouldn't of believed anyone if they'd said this to me before this run but it was so easy.

I even went just a few seconds over the 8 minutes as I was so fighting my emotions 😉 amazing 😁

As I set the app to start (I have Sarah) she said something that stuck in mind and I kept repeating to myself the whole way through

"Challenge today is more mental than physical"

And she was so very right ✅

It really was

Good luck with yours, let me know how you've done ✅

2 likes

Fantastic news! Well done you.. not surprised you were a bit teary.. you're changing your life one run at a time!

2 likes

Thank you 😊

I guess your right 😊 an amazing challenge this is, best thing I've ever done ✅

1 like

Kar, that is one of the most inspirational posts I've read so far.

Serious congratulations on completing the session!

You are well and truly entitled to feel absolutely ecstatic.

I can empathise with the nerves, the 8 minutes do look more intimidating than anything else so far, with W5R1 not so much, as they just have 5 minute runs.

Good luck with the next one. I am doing W5R2 tomorrow evening.

2 likes

Thank you so much rob 😊

I'm still feeling so pleased and proud 😉

Good luck with yours tomorrow I'll be looking out for your post 👍 you will also smash it ✅

Well done, I'm so pleased you got over that hurdle! Keep it up.

1 like

Thank you 😊

Dont we just love this app 😉

1 like

Yep, such great encouragement :)

1 like

Brilliant! Well done!

I'm starting W5 tomorrow and now you are inspiring me!

1 like

Thank you 😊

You will be fine and also smash it ✅

Good luck with yours, let me know how you go 😁

1 like

Well done!

1 like

Thank you 😊

1 like

You may also like...