Couch to 5K
54,791 members87,283 posts

Help! Attack of the laziness!

I’ve had an attack of post-bank-holiday laziness and need some motivating ass kicking from you lot :D I haven’t run since last Wednesday. Initially it started out as a 5 day break to give my knee a bit of a rest, but now the break is extending. Should I redo Wk 6 Run 1 or carry on to Run 2 despite the break? I’m worried the break will have impacted my stamina.

25 Replies
oldestnewest

Pick those shoes up and get out there...!!!

Carry on.... and take it slow and steady... relax and let the legs carry you...and whilst you take it , ever so gently, reflect on your bad habits and make a pledge to behave better in the future:) x

3 likes

Oh! I like this comment... motivation and a shouting at... 😄

3 likes

Haha, indeed! Thanks Oldie! 😂

Get your trainers on and get your ass out there!!! 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️ You’ll know what you’ve been missing as soon as you get out there. Come on! I’m going out shortly too. 👊🏼👊🏼Just move on to your next run and see how you get on. 👍🏼😊

Thank you! Have a good run, I will report back after mine.

1 like

Hope you had a good one - just got back from mine. 😊

1 like

Go out! Repeat the last run!!

You'll feel so proud!!

1 like

Yea, I think I might repeat, thanks!

Move it! Break shouldn't have affected your stamina, just try w6r2 and see how you go 😀

1 like

Okeydoakey, I will see what Run 2 entails and if it’s too awful I’ll go back to Run 1!!

Off you go. We’re expecting the update of how it went in an hour or so 💪🏽

2 likes

I’ve had a big dinner so am putting off til tomorrow, but if I don’t post an update of my run tomorrow you are all free to shout at me very loudly 😄

1 like

We will!

1 like

Oye!!! my little virtual running mate, get your arse in gear.

My knee feels much better and I will be running this week...

2 likes

Glad to hear the knee is better!

You will not notice any lack condition for about a fortnight, so just carry on, but losing impetus in the process will ultimately mean a lack of commitment and lead staying on the couch permanently.

A big part of the plan is to build the exercise habit, which will hopefully last a lifetime. Doing something sporadically is not going to reap the same benefits either in habit building or from a health perspective.

We might not talk to you if you don't run.........

4 likes

Phew, that is good news, I was worrying I had shot myself in the foot. I promise I will be going out tomorrow come rain or shine (have had too much to eat to go now). I just need to get my running mojo back. This thread is helping a lot!

1 like

Come on Rua! Get those trainers on and get back out there. Once you’re out there you’ll remember why you started c25k 😊

3 likes

Thank you! You just reminded me that I love my new trainers 😄 I bought them for a reason!

1 like

I’ve just had this exact same issue ! One run a eeek for a few weeks due to business ! BUT I persevered. You can do it !!

1 like

Ooh glad to hear I am not alone but also good to know you kept going.

Choose your favourite tracks and play them loud and ruuuuunnnn

3 likes

Will do!! Thanks!

Download the Rock My Run app then search for Boot Camp Drill... That'll get you going!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 likes

I’ve heard that’s a good app, thanks!

You may also like...