Couch to 5K
60,422 members93,088 posts

W1

Hi, I have a big birthday coming up in September and feel the need to take myself in hand and get fitter. I spent almost 2 years recovering from achilles tendinopathy during which time l struggled to do much exercise. Then last year l enjoyed lots of walking including quite a few sections of the South West Coast Path. Then a local runner, Emily Denham, ran the Marathon des Sables recently and chose the charity l work for to be one of those she was fundraising for. I thought if someone could run 156km across the Sahara in punishing temperatures, l could surely manage 5k in the park!? Loving reading all the inspirational stories on this forum. :)

4 Replies
oldestnewest

People who do marathon des sables are insane! 2 of my friends did it a few years back! So fit!

You’ll be good doing this program. Stick to this forum too as the support is fantastic!

2 likes

Welcome to the forum and well done on making such a wise decision.

The guide to the plan is essential reading healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Enjoy your journey.

2 likes

Welcome and take the excellent advice of IannodaTruffe .. slow and steady and you will be amazed where you get to:)

2 likes

Ha! Great name! I love my couch too but you know what they say...absence makes the heart grow fonder! Good luck with the plan! It is amazing.

1 like

You may also like...