W4R1 😩: Didn’t get off to a great start as I... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
85,958 members β€’ 117,657 posts

W4R1 😩

Didn’t get off to a great start as I was wishing the 3min away, first 5min was super hard and slowed a couple times walked a few seconds- 2nd set of 3 and 5 were better and I managed to keep going - although I’d swear the people walking were making ground on me! My legs are like lead now!

Glad to have made it through the 5 mins and was able to quieten my mind and push the β€˜stop!’ thoughts back - just concentrated on the dogs playing in the field πŸΆπŸ•πŸ©πŸŽΎ

24 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Well done!

Thank you!

We'll done. Your determination is admirable.

Thanks The only way I can do it is come in from work and straight upstairs to get changed and out - if I stopped to think I’d waver 😟

1 like

Im only on w3d2 at min and although im far better than i was on w1 im not looking forward to my 1st attemot atw4 but iv found that playong misic as i go and trying to mouth the words as im jogging keeps me going and also if im struggling to mouth the words know im prob going a bit to quick for my own good so slow it down a tad good luck for the rest of the week and fingers crossed my method works for me next week

1 like

Good luck to you too - yep I was trying to sing along and it was a bit hard so as you say probs a bit too fast 🐌

Well done you! Running for me is defeating the self doubt. Keep it up!

1 like

Thanks - I do look on here for inspiration when I am needing a push out of the door - thanks all for your support

Well done! πŸ‘.

We're on same week πŸ™ƒ

I'm finding tops of legs hurting a little, a rest from running should fix this tomorrow then raring to go again Wednesday πŸ‘

1 like

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜³ my shins are aching and as usual my butt hurts 😜 I think I am building glutes from scratch

1 like

I'm following the stretch programme from Nhs app, it's working wonders 😊, no real aches at all just very little since doing the stretches exercises πŸ‘

I don't know πŸ€”if I can copy link to here for you but I'll give it a try 😊

1 like
1 like

Thank you!

1 like

Your welcome hope pain eases soon

1 like

Better today!

1 like

Well done, just think of the peachy glutes you're building πŸ˜—

1 like

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ are you too young to remember kenny Everett doing rod Stewart do you think I’m sexy? With his inflatable pants πŸ˜‚

2 likes

Remember him well 🀣 all in the best possible taste, of course

1 like

Stretch well and very well done!

1 like

Well done, its a tough regime , but looking back to W1 it sure improved stamina, so press on slowly

1 like

I'm on the same week & run as you too. I nearly gave up after the first 3 minutes- I thought there's no way I can run for 5! But then I thought - give it a go - you can always stop & then repeat this week & then I think that calmed me down & I got through it. Could do without Laura telling me that I had another 2.5 minutes though!

1 like

πŸ˜‚ I was exactly the same - when Sarah M told me I was already half way done I could have cried - thought she was going to say slow down 😒

1 like

Ha ha! Me too. I nearly keeled over when she said that. It's a shame you can't turn that bit off.

1 like

I’ve just completed the 3rd run of this week ! I found it so hard to begin with. The last run wasn’t easy but I still find the first 3 mins the hardest

2 likes

You may also like...