Week 4 done!: It was breezy down on Boscombe sea... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

110,353 members142,795 posts

Week 4 done!

bally187
bally187Graduate

It was breezy down on Boscombe sea front this morning – a fairly strong southerly, blowing straight at us from the sea, so I was glad of my long sleeved top yet again – I never imagined running in long sleeves but they really do just take the edge off the morning chill. I’m hopeful that at some point soon that it might get warm enough for short sleeves!

So today I finished the week 4 programme. Five minutes is still tough going but I now know I can do it, and as hubby says it’s all about moving forward, which is what I do, admittedly very slowly but the forward motion is still happening and I have always kept running for as long as the “voices in my head” tell me to, even when it’s not fun!

“Rest” day tomorrow, then we’re onto week five – invariably with the added mental hurdle of seeing the runs increase, but best foot forwards and let’s give it a go.

3 Replies
oldestnewest
SuperMouse
SuperMouseGraduate

Well done! :)

Flaraflarkin
FlaraflarkinGraduate

Well done you! Love the sandy celebration 🤗

misswobble
misswobbleGraduate in reply to Flaraflarkin

I love it down there! I fully intend to do the Marathon there!

The seafront is just lovely. They do the Pier to pier swim too which sounds fun, we were on about that in here recently as we have swimmers here too

Well done on your runs. Keep plugging away slow and steady, no rush🏃‍♀️👍

You may also like...