Couch to 5K
62,669 members95,453 posts

W5R1

Well that’s W5R1 in the bag.

I found that last 5 minutes a difficult one so I’m going to repeat the run. I got to 4:40 our of 5:00 for the last one and had to walk the rest. I’m a little disappointed with myself but pleased overall with how I have progressed and it’s all down to you guys and gals on here motivating me and supporting me and pushing me forward.

Thank you everyone😊

There are a few special ones and you know who you are😉

16 Replies
oldestnewest

You are doing great Steve, enjoy🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏻

1 like

Thank you Millsie-J😉

Have you tried counting down those last few steps , but keep running rather than walking? I know you are trying slower but you are so close each time this happens I think you just need some kind of nudge/ strategy to convince yourself you can do those last 20 seconds. You can do them, twenty ish more running strides.........

2 likes

I don’t look at my phone when I’m running so I only know how much I got left when I have stopped running, it’s so frustrating when I find out I’m so close to finishing the run🤬

Oke doke, what about before you stop aim for another milestones........I shall continue to that tree, that lamp post, that post box.....you are so close each time!

Disappointed with yourself? I don't think so - despite managing a real life and all that entails and throwing yourself over the handle bars of a bike here you are getting out there and starting on week 5! You're doing just fine.

2 likes

You make me sound like a stuntman 😂😂😂

1 like

You’ve got this! Don’t be disappointed you’re doing fab 👍🏻

2 likes

All of the above!🤣

2 likes

Thank you🙂

Well done you!! 🙌🏻 I’m going out later to do W1R2! Wish me luck!...your doing great 😊💪🏻 x

1 like

And so are you😊

It’s peeing down with rain where I am so I’m going to the gym for some essential stretching 😊

It’s sun shining where I am at the minute, not sure how long it will last though! I’m contemplating going to the gym to 😄

Well I’m off to bed 😴😴😴

1 like

Sleep well 😴😴

1 like

Hey 20 seconds is not much of a gap, maybe you set off a bit too fast? Think glacial next time and you’ll be fine. Well done though on having a bash - no run is a wasted run. This is experience and kms in your running bank

1 like

You may also like...