W1 anticipation of 3rd run! : So pleased... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

110,525 members β€’ 143,037 posts

W1 anticipation of 3rd run!

Caffyb
Caffyb
β€’3 Replies

So pleased, enjoying the freedom of being able to exercise without paying for a gym membership (saving of Β£60 per month straight away πŸ‘πŸ»).

Started the C25K on Monday this week with a friend. 2 runs down and 3rd today then rest until Monday. Well, that’s the plan. Although my right knee seems to have developed an intermittent pain behind it which goes when I stretch, but not sure how I will fare while running in an hour or so!

I walk a lot to and from work so am not finding that I am struggling otherwise with the app so far, just concerned that I may not be able to reach the end point and my goal of becoming a fitter and slimmer 50 year old due to this niggling knee.

Any ideas? All offers of assistance considered πŸ˜‚

3 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
GoGo_JoJo
GoGo_JoJoModerator

Hello and welcome aboard! Just takeit slow and steady. Don't worry about what is to come just take it one run ast a time. Be gentle with yourself. Keep an eye on that knee. Lots of post run stretching. Give your body time to adjust.

And enjoy it!! πŸ‘πŸ˜

Caffyb
Caffyb in reply to GoGo_JoJo

Took it easy yesterday for the beginning of the 3rd one and I am really pleased to say (touch wood) my knee was so much better afterwards, date I say it, I’ve had hardly a twinge since!

The amount of energy I came home with was amazing, no bad back when vacuuming either πŸ˜†

If this is after week 1, I am so excited to see what I will be capable of coming up to weeks 8 and 9

Pleased as punch

GoGo_JoJo
GoGo_JoJoModerator in reply to Caffyb

Brilliant! You're going to be amazed at what you can do πŸ‘πŸ˜

You may also like...