Couch to 5K
65,278 members98,646 posts

Am I doing it right for the 12 week plan?

This is my first post, but I've been reading you guys religiously - there's so much help and encouragement out there!

After my rest day this week, I hit it off with Wk 4 Run 1 and even if at one point I had to talk myself into going the whole hog, at the end I felt so exhilarated and energized, that I went on to do Strength and Flex 4 straight afterwards. I did find the last 5-10 minutes harder than usual.

So, my question is : can we do that (always having a rest day between runs) or must we alternate the runs and Strength and Flex exercises on different days?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

2 Replies
oldestnewest

As long as you leave at least one rest day between runs, avoid any impact exercise on your rest day and you are not too exhausted then what you are proposing is fine.

Have you read the guide to the plan? healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

You may well find as the runs increasing duration that you cannot maintain this level of exercise so be prepared to drop something if necessary............. As long as it's not the running!

Thank you - I hadn't read the guide, so that's made things even clearer for me. It's more than helpful.

I guess I'm a false beginner, as I've been doing a 7.5K brisk walk 5 days a week since October, so that may be why I've got energy to spare - for the moment!

I'll let you know how I progress!

1 like

You may also like...