Couch to 5K

Shorter run today - things I have learned/Storm Georgina

Shorter run today - things I have learned/Storm Georgina

Literally gale force winds today: running up steep slopes against a strong wind is like running up Everest - but very invigorating. Just because it's mild, don't leave your buff at home; it would be useful for keeping hair out of eyes in the wind (says she of the tangled hair!). The Mizuno Wave Riders make my legs ache now I'm running further, the On Clouds don't: a 12mm drop on a shoe is obviously too high for me; I wear flat shoes a lot of the time (bare feet at home) and I'm a mid foot striker. I will keep the Mizunos in the mix till they wear out - they are exercising different muscles, quite clearly - but I will keep them for shorter runs. I have gained confidence as a runner and no longer fear I won't be able to do it. Early morning running is better if you get up in time, because there is very little traffic. If I don't use my inhaler before a run, I get very out of breath (I did use it today: my graduation run was a struggle because the inhaler didn't work properly and I was fighting for breath all the way round, despite going very slowly).

I'm really enjoying these post grad runs when I decide how and when I run. Much as I love that honey-voiced Mr Johnson, I feel so much freer without being attached to my phone. The world is opening out before me, with the promise of trees and stars, spring dawns and summer evenings. I wax lyrical but it's true. Take heed those still following the program and wondering what to do after they graduate: there IS life after c25k and it's wonderful!

4 Replies
oldestnewest

What a lovely post x

1 like

Thank you :) x

Lovely 🙂

1 like

Thank you 😊

You may also like...