Couch to 5K
65,239 members β€’ 98,569 posts

I think I just graduated Gosh!

I think I just graduated Gosh!

I wanted to do the run somewhere flat, just to see if it made any difference, so my lovely friend Kate said why not come over to Oxford and change in her house and she would drive me home after, so I did the run round where I used to live. Kate also took the victory photo when I got back to her house.

Well, I certainly didn't get anywhere near as out of breath running on the flat. However, I actually ran further and faster on one of the hilly 28 minute runs a couple of weeks ago in Chipping Norton. Still trying to work that one out. And a young runner left me way behind on Meadow Lane, absolutely zooming past me!

So this is the bit where I want to sincerely thank all you lovely people for support, encouragement and friendship. You are amazing...really, I mean it from the bottom of my heart πŸ’“

Now I'm going to get out of my running gear and order that takeaway curry.

Oh, and I was running in the buff πŸ˜‚

Thank you again all of you xxx

95 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Congratulations Flick! That is great news! Enjoy your victory curry!

1 like

Thank you, I did!

I've been waiting up here on this podium in the cold and fog to see how you you got on. Brilliant! Get on up here. To use an old local dialect word: that is sebunctious!

Congratulations Flick, you have become a legend ...and inspired so many people.

Enjoy the celebrations. Now you can get out running in all those leggings you are stockpiling.

So pleased for you.

2 likes

Right, move over! Here I come. Ive so enjoyed making this journey in parallel with you. Your posts have motivated me and kept me laughing.

2 likes

Well done! Sunday run graduation for me.

2 likes

Thank you and good luck for Sunday 😊

1 like

Best of luck on Sunday

1 like

Huge congratulations... very, very well done.. Looking good and looking just like a Graduate!!!

PS

Running in the Buff too... wow! :)

1 like

Thank you. You have been a great support to me and everyone else xx

1 like

Well done. I have so enjoyed your little journey up and down those hills, maybe after a bit of consolidation you'll be joining me on the dash to 10k :)

Enjoy that curry!

1 like

The curry was great. I’m going to have to tackle those hills to run it off now πŸ€ͺ

Actually I’m going to spend time building up my stamina now. I didnt get much out of breath today, but I didn't go further and faster, so I will stick with my hills.

1 like

Hills again... well, they are pretty amazing... I think so... being one... ( Hil that is..not hill)

If you want a Graduate's, post curry giggle... here is one I wrote earlier:) xx

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

1 like

LOL, so funny when you still got rained on. Well, you not only live among hills but also, if I remember correctly, in Wales, so what do you expect! Though I have to admit we get a fair bit of it here.

Im going to have words with Michael Johnson - he’s never once mentioned lifting my legs in a cycling motion...though I have to admit I left him at home once I began the longer runs, as it was too fiddly to keep pausing him to set my watch to time only the run part.

Yay congratulations!!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ well done!

1 like

Thank you 😊

1 like

Congratulations! Well done to you, keep on running!πŸƒπŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ…πŸ‘

1 like

As Stevie Winwood would say. I shall definitely keep on running. Cant waste all that shiny new lycra

1 like

Whoop de doop Congratulations FlickπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

A great idea to go back and run on your old home turf and on the flat.. We'll done on completing the program. Hop up on the podium for some applauseπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ you deserve it!

Enjoy your curry and looking forward to seeing your name with your shiny new Graduate badge next to it. 😊xxx

Love the piccy too...

2 likes

Thank you on all scores. The curry was excellent, but I ate too much 😳

It was interesting how much less out of breath I was tonight. Running where I live now has been gruelling, but it is obviously doing the trick as I have more stamina.

1 like

Ask for your badge here Flick...😊

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

1 like

I did, but its at the bottom of a huge long list ☹️

Its there, i see it!

1 like

Yay!

Whoohoo! Well done Flick!!! You did it! Relish in your accomplishments and continue to enjoy your running journey 😁

2 likes

Thank you. Im on an endorphin high still, despite being full of curry.

2 likes

Brilliant, Flick!! Enjoy the curry and I hope you are motivated to keep on taming those hills after that great postgraduation run ;-)

1 like

Thank you. I was just disappointed I didn't do further. But then I deliberately slowed myself down. now to tackle those hills again - nowIve had my little holiday running on the flat - and I will work on building stamina πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

Congratulations!! So pleased for you! I enjoy your posts! So colourful! Hope you enjoyed your well earned curry! πŸ˜€πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸŽ“πŸΎ

1 like

Thank you. Curry is gone now. Still high from the run though 😊

1 like

Well done...thats awesome 😊

1 like

Thank you. It will be you soon. Im waiting to cheer you, especially after all your health setbacks x

1 like

Thankyou very much 😊

1 like

Feeling very proud of my mummy! Plenty of people in your situation would have made all sorts of excuses to not do this. You're an inspiration, well done xxx

4 likes

Aw, thank you sweetheart. If it hadnt been for you, I probably wouldnt have thought of doing it, so youre the inspiration, and Im mega proud of you, especially as youre going to be doing the 10k charity run xxx

3 likes

Loving the look, loving the graduation. Well done Flick you are a hill runner extraordinaire!

1 like

Thank you - and in the buff too!

I wasn't going to mention that, I had a semi-buff run. How does that work?

1 like

Strangely enough I mentioned being in the semi buff ten minutes ago, when I was modelling my shock absorber bra for my friend.

1 like

Fantastic, well done Flick. Dance on that podium! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ˜ƒ

1 like

Well, I will when they put graduate after my name. Theres a long list of people...

1 like

Rock'n'roll :) :) πŸ‘

1 like

Yeah babe!

1 like

Well done ^_^

1 like

Thank you 😊

Oh Flick, this news has put a big smile on my germ ridden, miserable face..!!

Huge congratulations on your graduation, I’m so pleased for you πŸ…πŸ†πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Oh, and I’m definitely an advocate for running in the buff..!! πŸ˜‰

Well done lovely 😊 xx

1 like

Aw thank you. Running in the buff is to be recommended 😍 and get better soon xxx

1 like

Well done! Told you we could do it! I'm doing my first park run tomorrow (if I get up in time) - eek! Well done, you got me through too xx

Aw thank you, and brilliant for the park run. I wish we had them here, but we havent even got a park 😒 and you got yourself through. You are brilliant! Xx

1 like

Woohoo, great news - Well done and congratulations! Love the photo too.

Now I want to run in the buff too... I said you were a bad influence!

Enjoy your high and Here's to plenty more running adventures in the future 🍾

1 like

Thank you! Yes, running in the buff, much to be recommended! The photo foreshortens me and makes me look as if I have a long body, stumpy legs and a large head, but i think that all adds to the fun element.

Can't wait to get out again, but my watch says 22 hours recovery.

Eek I forgot about the buff. I thought for a milli-second you meant the buff buff! A bit cold for that! β„πŸ™ˆ

1 like

I was being naughty and playing around with words. the buff was on my head :)

Queen of the hills! And if you can't feel comfortable in the buff in an old stomping ground, where can you feel comfortable, eh. Well done graduate!

1 like

Thank you! And yes indeed. Actually I didn't feel even slightly self conscious running in Oxford,where nobody takes the slightest notice if you walk down the street wearing purple hair and crazy clothes, whereas I do feel slightly self conscious running in Chipping Norton. I saw about half a dozen runners lat night as well, but at home there are fewer.

1 like

Brilliant achievement, well done Flick! Lovely badge πŸ…πŸŽ“πŸ₯‚

1 like

Thank you. Just notice it says graduate after my name now!

It certainly does, and very nice too!

1 like

Congratulations - glad you enjoyed the flat and got to the end. Take a well deserved day off!!

1 like

Thank you, and yes, i will :)

Congratulations. Can I ask what the buff is if it's not naked? :)

1 like

It is naked, but also that versatile tube thing that can be a scarf, hat, headband, wrist band, sling, sneaky receptacle for stowing your swag when you're doing a burglary...

1 like

Oh congratulations! I'm so pleased for you, I always love your posts. πŸΎπŸƒπŸŽ‰πŸΎπŸƒπŸŽ‰

1 like

Oh, thank you! I aim to please :)

Congratulations upon your recent graduation. Having being truly bitten by the infectious bug, I wish you many more happy miles to come.

However, since the cupboards are bare and January bills have begun to mount, you now simply have no choice but continue upon the path created, thus, justifying the reasons behind why.

Run, Flick...run!!

1 like

hahaha, the cupboards are only bare because this addiction has me buying ever more quantities of weird lycra garments, strange socks and shoes and the buff! And thank you :)

1 like

You can never have enough running gear.

1 like

Well done lovely Flick! Your journey has been a joy to witness! You tackled C25K with a fantastic positive attitude, and look how far it got you! Graduate πŸ‘©β€πŸŽ“ πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‡πŸ‘

Happy running my dear. 😘

2 likes

Thank you so much. It's been a wonderful experience for me, and I owe much of it to my lovely daughter ClarkeyCat, who inspired me to do i and did c25k ahead of me, and also supplied some of the weird garments and abundant lycra that I never knew could be so addictive.

2 likes

Very well done to you!! Wishing you many happy running days ahead and hope you manage to curb your addiction to lycra! When you start thinking it's ok to wear it when you aren't running, that's when you KNOW you've got a problem!! :) :) :)

1 like

Thank you x

Erm...you mean my recent thoughts about how trim my legs are in it, and how everyone ought to see them, is a warning sign??! 😳

Also have never been a shoe person but now find myself fasinated by running shoes...help! 😍😍😍😍😍

1 like

Me too! I saw the foot of a person getting out of a taxi just a couple of days ago and immediately clocked the fact they were wearing Mizuno running shoes, and got very excited. What will become of us?!

2 likes

No hope Im afraid. Who needs Jimmy Choos?

Congratulations! Lovely to have good friend, Kate, waiting to record your success, too.

1 like

Thank you 😊

Yes, she was a star. She is probably going to do c25k herself, so I shall record her success too in due course.

1 like

Congratulations Flick, enjoy your future running πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ

1 like

Thank you 😊 cant wait to go out again

1 like

Congratulations πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸ₯‚ So pleased for you. Keep enjoying running after the achievement of graduation. Loving your running gear πŸ™‹πŸ»

1 like

Thank you😊 cant wait to go out again. I did c25k because I love running, and health benefits are just a spinoff for me. LOL, yes, the gear, I aim to be seen! That jacket has a flashing yellow light on the back too.

1 like

That sounds cool. Where did you get it?

Fantastic achievement πŸ‘πŸ‘, hope you’re so proud of yourself, really well done πŸ‘πŸ‘

Congratulations πŸπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸŽ“πŸ…

Keep on running πŸ˜€ and keep entertaining us with your posts on here πŸ˜ƒ

1 like

Thank you! I will and I will 😊 Love your name BTW, Terry Pratchett dog πŸ˜‰

1 like

Yay another Terry Pratchett fan. Most people don’t get the reference and just think it’s a weird name πŸ˜‰

1 like

Moving Pictures! The talking dog with halitosis and fleas. Love his books.

1 like

πŸ™‚ yea all great stories

1 like

Brilliant! Well done you πŸ‘

1 like

Fantastic! Well done. Good inspiration

1 like

Thank you. It will be you before you know it!

1 like

Well done Flick, I nearly missed this.

Onward and upward to consolidation..........and then who knows what.

Keep running, keep smiling.

1 like

Thank you 😊 yes, Im aiming to stick to 30 minute runs for a while. This has been a terrific journey. Thanks for the support you give us all!

Fabulous job Flick- Really well done. I hope you enjoyed the curry and that you have fun on the next stage of your journey. Oh....stay away from the shops :)

1 like

Thank you! The curry was excellent 😊

Cant wait to be out running again.

The shops arent the problem...it’s the lure of the internet that’s my undoing 😟

Congratulations

1 like

Thank you 😊

I somehow missed this Flick. A huge, huge congratulations to you! Welcome to the podium and adventures in post-grad world.

You may also like...