Couch to 5K
65,157 members98,450 posts

A little jogette before my graduation run

A little jogette before my graduation run

I want to do my final c25k graduation run on Friday but I really wanted to run today, so I took myself out for a 20 minute spin. Not sure if I was meant to during the program, but nothing said I couldn't and I'm only one run from the end.

It was so nice to run without the constraint of doing it for a specific purpose other than the sheer enjoyment of running for its own sake. I found I didn't get the usual butterflies and procrastination because I wasn't expecting anything of myself.

It was tough though. Note to self: if you're going to eat five donuts then a pasta dish, even three hours isn't long enough to wait to run; and if Ming the Merciless, mini wrist dictator, says 72 hours recovery from the previous run, he means it (except I didn't believe him because it's never been that long before). So the run was hard and I felt like giving up twice. But now he's given me a recovery time of only 22 hours, so that's ok.

Am I the only woman to get stuck in her compression socks?

12 Replies
oldestnewest

That’s great - my watch tells me either “Poor Recovery” or “No Recovery” after each run - based upon my heart rate a minute after stopping running. It does not tell me how long I should recover for - neat trick.

Enjoy your final C25K run and the freedom that follows - have a great run on Friday - will it be hilly local or flat Oxford!!

1 like

Thank you. Garmin is very useful with the info it gives you.

Im going to bus to Oxford, change in a friend’s house,run, shower, then she will drive me back to Chippy and we will have a celebration take away curry with my partner Mic. All being well. I e been fighting off a cold for a few days so am a bit under par.

Sounds lovely - especially the curry bit - personally I would have the curry first - great for sorting colds out!!

1 like

Lol, I had enough trouble running after donuts and pasta. Ive been OD’ing on echinacea, which tends to stop the symptoms developing. I rarely get colds or flu, so it was bad timing really.

Illegal run.. have to restart at week 1 I reckon :P

2 likes

LOLOL 😳😳😳😳

Only joking. Out of interest where do you find the recovery time on the garmin? You have the fenix 3? I can't find anything like that in the garmin connect app for my fenix 5.

1 like

I have the fenix 5s. It used to flash it up briefly on garmin connect but doesnt now, for some reason. So, press the bottom left hand button and scroll down till it gets to training status ( quite a few notches down the list) and select it with top right hand button.first screen shows your vo2 max. Press bottom left hand button again to scroll down, and that screen shows your recovery time.

Im talking about buttons on the watch, not the phone

Found it.. Many thanks. The more I look into things the worse it gets lol. It says my training age is 48 when i'm 42 and i'm in the bottom 45% of my age group. Mind you it is predicting I can do a 5k in 26:32 and a 10k in 55:04 with a 4:12 Marathon. Love to see that happen lol.

1 like

It told me my fitness age was 79. It now says 65 but still says it’s the bottom for my age group and gender. That’s why I call my garmin Ming the Merciless.

Woohoo! One more run! I'm polishing the podium! 😃

1 like

Ooh, thank you! Dont make it too slippery though, or i will probably fall flat on my bum 😳

1 like

You may also like...