Couch to 5K
65,124 members98,411 posts

I Feel Vindicated!

I Feel Vindicated!

Spike Milligan's famous gravestone inscription has been coming to my mind a lot since yesterday.

During 2017, my running got worse and worse instead of better and better. From taking part in a 10 mile race in the spring, I could barely run 2 miles by December.

Anyway, finally I have a reason. I am - it turns out - low in Vitamin D. I suppose that isn't really a good thing but I feel so happy. :) I knew it wasn't my imagination that things weren't right, although every other test had come back negative and I was worried that the doctor thought I was malingering. And it's treatable and not sinister.

So, my ever supportive runny pals, 2018 should see a change for the better. I have been prescribed Vitamin D (I would have preferred a subscription for regular holidays in the sunshine but apparently the NHS doesn't stretch to that). I'm not sure how quickly it will kick in but already I feel more positive. :)

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Glad to hear that you have a diagnosis and a fairly straight forward condition to treat. You have kept going despite it all so once you are well again....The sky is the limit!

2 likes

I recall you thought there was something going on Anne! So glad you have a diagnosis and straightforward treatment plan!

1 like

It's disturbing that something as basic as a vitamin deficiency should take so long to discover but I hope the prescription does the trick. It must have been soooooo demoralising so bravo for persevering in the quest for an answer, and happier running.

1 like

That’s great news. Uh. That you’ve finally found out, and that it’s fixable. Obviously it’s not great news that there’s something wrong with you in the first place.

1 like

Hopefully you will be back to normal soon. Good that it is so easily fixable. It's really common, I asked to get mine checked a couple of years ago as I just didn't feel right and it was in my boots. Ridiculously I had actually gone to the doctor about something on my skin that was probably sun related!! I am starting to think they should put it in the water.

1 like

Good news Anne.. keep taking the tablets 😉

No, seriously you knew something wasn't right and it's great that you know why now. Hope your running picks up as you start to feel better.😊xxx

1 like

You may also like...