Couch to 5K

Postgrad slump

Happy new year everyone, hope you all enjoyed the festivities.

Thought I’d check in again as it’s a while since I’ve looked on here. Graduated in November and on my second post grad run I slipped on some mud and twisted my knee. Decided to take a couple of days off to recover, which turned into a week, then a month, then a bit longer. But, new year etc, got out again the other day to see what damage had been done and managed 4K which I was very happy with. My question is, how long do you think it’ll take to get back into the routine? Having to really push myself out the door but happy once I’m out. Should I set a target or just see what happens?

Sorry for the rambling text, stream of consciousness I think.

All the best and happy running 👍🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️

2 Replies

It sounds as if you're back already with that 4K run. Set a target of running three times each week come hell or high water, or in the case this week, high wind 💨

If you were ok with the 4K distance, and it sounds as if you were, then do that for a few weeks. Welcome back.

I always have to push my self out the door....every single time. I find it's best not to get into a debate with myself, just do it. No option. Well done for the comeback. Put it in your diary and just go run 3 times a week minimum.

You may also like...