Couch to 5K
60,050 members92,673 posts

Lovely clear mild morning in the light for a change!!!

I’ve broken up for two weeks for Christmas and thought it would be a novelty to go a little later than my normal 6am runs and in the light only talking 7.30am nothing major! It was nice to see what was going on around me and I don’t have this luxury when I am at work! Only my second run after a two week break due to weather and being under the weather but was definitely more comfortable than the last run but still doing 25 minute runs to ease myself back in.

I have a question my much younger sister wants to start C25k and I always promised we would do it together but unfortunately she was going through an extremely bad patch and in too dark a place to start when I did. Thankfully she is coming out the other side now and wants to start. Can I do the programme again on my rest days to accompany her as long as I still have one rest day between my longer runs as I don’t want to lose my fitness I’ve worked so hard for by going back to the start but don’t want to loose her down and want her to feel the highs and benefits of running and get her addicted to plus on a bonus point I will have a running buddy. Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Have s fab Christmas and new year everyone and run it off on Boxing Day 🎄😉

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi there good to see your post i had a 2 week break too due to sick bugs icy weather etc! Have you thought about the days you are with your sister doing speed work as i am going to try shorter runs twice a week but work onngoing faster then instead of walking slow run, im not an expert so im sure the mire experienced ones will afvise but i know if we have not been running a long time test days important but you could maybe run every second day & make one of them a longer run on your own. Your sister will be so chuffed you doing it with her & the benefits to her worth it! Not sure that makes sense but hooe so. Take care & happy Running 😊x

Ah thanks for your response I will look into that then. Her confidence is very low so think I will have to complete it with her to start with until her confidence builds. She’s also not a morning person and I definitely am so might be challenging! I’m sure we will get there. 😀

1 like

Lovely to see you are out running again. I enjoyed a slightly later morning run yesterday too. So much more to see in the daylight.

Hope your sister starts to enjoy the programme as much as you have. Enjoy the Christmas holidays 🎄

Thanks you too and happy running 😀

1 like

You may also like...