w6/r3 at last! on treadmill: I would not like to... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
85,747 members117,459 posts

w6/r3 at last! on treadmill

I would not like to do this often. Weeks of running on the roads and my bad knee has been fine. 26 minutes on the treadmill and it's hurting and a bit swollen. Also had to go slower than usual or I found myself drifting over the edge of the belt (in all fairness it's very compact). So just for times i really can't get outside...like now when we still have ice on the pavements after a week. I really didn't enjoy it much. The only thing that was easier was not having steep hills and slopes to contend with, and my maximum heart rate was much lower than normal, reflecting the lack of elevation.

But it is done and dusted, and Michael Johnson says I'm a runner. Woohoo!!!

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Whoohoo! Nicely done! Treadmill runs are not my favourite either, but they are better than no run. It is nice to have options for yucky weather.

3 likes

Thank you :) I was getting so frustrated not being able to run at all, and we live high on the Cotswolds, so snow and ice are almost guaranteed in winter.

2 likes

Hi there RUNNER!!!! Go you!

I have just come back from my wonderful run at the coast ( posted last night).. and there is still compacted snow and ice everywhere here!!! We had to use another door to get into the house as the pathway to the back door was like a glacier!!

The treadmill and the cross trainers are so useful for times like this.. and I always feel mega speedy when I have been on mine :)

2 likes

Oh, I missed your post. I must look. Do be careful of that ice. It’s treacherous on the pavements here, and the road is too busy to run on. Im so envious of your coastal run. The treadmill slowed me right down, probably because it’s very compact, so less room on the belt. I’m grateful to have it, though, or I wouldn’t be runnimg at all right now (not wanting to repeat my blue spaghetti masterpiece of the other day!)

Well done runner 😀 that is brilliant!

1 like

Thank you so much 💜

Oooh We'll done Flick...25 mins of running is fab.😊 keep an eye on that bad knee if it's swelling though. You may need to ice and elevate it. Your gait may be compromised by limiting your stride, hopefully you can find a way to get round this on your treadmill. Take care😊xx

1 like

Oh, thank you! I think having to go so slowly was also a problem with the knee. It fares better the less time Im putting weight on it. For example, I cant stand on it for a long time. The swelling seems to have reduced, but I shall keep an eye on it 😊

1 like

So courageous of you to finish W6 on your treadmill! Very practical if you are stuck with ice in the streets all around but I must say the very idea of running on one would have deterred me from finishing the programme. So really well done to you! I hope you won't have to start W7 on it though...

Thank you so much. Yes, I hope i dont have to either 😳. It’s going to be warmer and raining tomorrow, so fingers crossed I can run outside again Monday x

You may also like...