Couch to 5K
57,227 members89,736 posts

Run 1 week 9

Hi guys. I’ve just been for my 1st run in week 9. I had to stop half way through. I’m a woman and it’s that time of month and I had really bad pain. I’m just so so annoyed at myself for stopping and giving up. I’ll try again after a day rest. I’m also going to try a new route because I seem to struggle at the same point on my usual route and when I went jogging at my in-laws in a different route I seemed much better?? I’m not sure if it’s all mental or what. I’m just so so annoyed now! 😡

4 Replies
oldestnewest

changing routes appears to be a top tip on here when people get stuck. Don't beat yourself up, Tuesday is another day :)

2 likes

Don't get annoyed. A bad run is a bad run, not a failure or a catastrophe. They happen to everyone eventually. Changing route is a good idea as it helps stop boredom. But just put today behind you, rest and go again in the week.

1 like

Rest up. plenty of stretching and head out again.. steady and slow... you will be fine:)

1 like

I think you did really well to get out there when you were sore - great determination. 👏👏😀

A new route can be helpful- mixing it up is good for legs & brain - especially brain!

You will be fine next time. 😃

1 like

You may also like...