Running with the super moon - week 6/1 - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,423 members120,535 posts

Running with the super moon - week 6/1

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate
20 Replies

What a beautiful sight it was as well, absolutely huge and drifting between black mackeral clouds.

As for the run, I’m glad I was forewarned as it was tougher than the 20 minutes for me. Having said that, my pace has increased and I ran for 3.4k, so distance has increased too. I could have done without treading in dog poo on one of the walk sections though, especially as running shoes have such deep grooves in the soles 🤢

I was in two minds about running tonight as was quite tired earlier, but I’m glad I did.

Sitting eating a bramley apple pie with fresh raspberries and soya cream now, waiting to watch Strictly results show. Love this running malarky. 😊❤️

20 Replies
oldestnewest
Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Sounds to have been a run wroth doing... we have that same moon here :)

Well done you.. keep it slow and steady as you head onward:) I made an apple and raspberry crumble yesterday.. yummy! Enjoy your evening:)

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate
in reply to Oldfloss

Thank you. 😊 I did try to keep my pace down as I started off, and consequently that section was slower than my 20 minute run the other day, but as I got into the 8 minute bit and my breathing improved, I seem to have speeded up. The main problem I have is holding myself back on the many downhill sections so that I dont strain my knee or tire myself by going too fast.

Edit: crumble sounds divine 😊

davelinks
davelinksGraduate

Well done! Saying goes,If you you stepped into the dog poo with your left foot then you'll receive good luck, under a super moon as well!✨

2 likes
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate
in reply to davelinks

Oh, bum, it was my right foot, ☹️

rolysmate
rolysmateGraduate
in reply to FlickM3

lol, that means you'll have a stinky foot

6 likes
Cornet-Carolyn

Well you conquered that hard run, well done 👍and running with the super moon sounds magical

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate

Thank you 😊

rolysmate
rolysmateGraduate

Good on yer and every run makes you stronger

1 like
Jancanrun

Super moon running sounds glorious, shame about the dog poo. Still it happens to all of us I’m afraid....

Well done and happy running for rest of W6

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate

Thank you! 😊

PashleyPedaller

Well done, Flick. I found the first two wk6 runs weren’t all that easy; I think it’s that stopping and walking and then starting again. I guess that’s there for a reason but once you get to r3 it’s all long runs after that and you won’t look back. Love the sound of your big moon run (shame about the dog poo, but I guess it’s a hazard that goes with moonlight running). Keep up the good work 👍🏻

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate
in reply to PashleyPedaller

thank you! Yes, i think it's all a cunning plan. My daughter had no trouble with that run and has now sailed through the third run that week, so i think we all stick at different points.

misswobble
misswobbleGraduate

I was looking at the supermoon while in the car in the blackness of the countryside. it was lost behind black clouds as we headed back towards home. I missed running today unfortunately. I had wanted to take advantage of the weather. Ho hum

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate
in reply to misswobble

It disappeared for me too while i was running. I'm glad i went out when I did. When I left the house it was sailing in a clear sky, then clouded over in the next half hour. Clear again in the night though. We sleep in the top of the house, velux windows and the blinds open and it was almost like daylight. It's going to be huge again tonight, so maybe you can head out then?

Pc59
Pc59Graduate

Well done sounds an idealic run, moon was beautiful last night🌝! Week 6 a funny one I certainly was caught out on w6r1 but hey you are well over half way mark👍dog poo unfortunate but im sure it won’t put you off running 🏃🏻‍♀️ sounds like you are well hooked! Enjoy runs & lovely apple pie😊

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate
in reply to Pc59

Hooked I am! Not sure about the apple pies, i ate a whole box yesterday!

Newrunnerliz
NewrunnerlizGraduate

Sounds great, apart from the dog poo!

Run3 week 6 was my nemesis and I had to do it 3 times but that seems like the dim and distant past. With two dodgy knees I struggle running downhill as well and am terrified of falling.

Keep up the good work, I am just off for my first run of the week! 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate
in reply to Newrunnerliz

I have to run up and down quite steep bits here, and i do worry about my dodgy knee, but strapping it seems to work. I'm a bit doubtful of run 3 this week, but my daughter did it a couple of days ago and said it was fine - mind you, she's 33 years younger than me ;)

Enjoy your run|!

1 like
Zamzam12
Zamzam12Graduate

It is very addictive and I don't mean the Apple pie

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate

Both 😂

You may also like...