Couch to 5K
65,370 members β€’ 98,758 posts

She believed she could, so she did!

Feels like this post has been a long time coming but at the same time feels like yesterday I couldn't run for 60 seconds! I've just completed Wk9 Run3...Me!!!

I cannot thank everyone enough for their support, advice and constant encouragement.

I am truly inspired every day by the stories I read on this forum, whether they be of hope, pain, achievement or adversity & you will never know how grateful I am for every 'like' & every comment. I have NEVER achieved anything in terms of sport & this means so much.

I will run 4 miles on Saturday for The Grim Challenge in aid of Macmillan & I will enjoy it - when we signed up in August I was petrified but it has been my motivation over the last 9 weeks.

To anyone struggling in their first few weeks, please keep going, one foot in front of the other, slow & steady. I know it's a cliche but I promise you, if I can do it, anyone can. Trust in the programme & use this forum to its fullest & most of all, believe!

You are amazing & you can do this πŸƒπŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ’ͺ☺😘

34 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Massive well done x

1 like

Wahey, well done Jenny, so pleased for you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Knew you would smash it, you’re now a runner πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Go get β€˜em on Saturday, you’re a brave girl taking on 4 miles so steady as you go girl, good luck πŸ‘©β€πŸŽ“πŸ†πŸ₯‚πŸΎ

1 like

Thank you TedG, you've been on this journey with me! I promise I'll post a photo on Saturday πŸ˜‚ See you on the podium soon!! x

And I’ll post mine on Sunday....it’s been a great journey πŸƒπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜˜

1 like

You'll smash it! Be thinking of you while I'm wading through the mud πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜

1 like

Amazing!!!! Well done and happy graduation!!! 😊

1 like

Fantastic achievement well done you enjoy the moment and keep running πŸ₯‚πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘¨β€πŸŽ“

1 like

you can, you did now make sure you get your badge and enjoy the bling...

pinned posts to the right

1 like

Thanks Jancanrun! What do you mean 'pinned posts to the right'?! x

Don't worry you have already asked for your badge...

1 like

It would be lovely to have a paid for enamel badge with the c25k logo on. any chance of that happening?

1 like

Yes you can buy them for Β£6 I think and t-shirts with the logo.

1 like

Oh, thank you!

healthunlocked.com/api/redi...

Out of stock at the moment...

T shirts...

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

1 like

Congratulations JB173πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Yeah..You DID IT..you finished the program and Graduated 😊...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Very well done. Good luck with your run on Saturday, thats a great cause.

Happy running 😊 x

2 likes

Well done πŸ‘congratulations πŸŽ‰πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ& what an achievement 😊good luck for your run and a lovely inspiring post πŸ‘

1 like

Woohoo πŸ™ŒπŸ» congratulations πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸΌπŸŽˆ Good luck for the Macmillan run. πŸ‘

1 like

That is fantastic and a brilliant achievement. Woohoo you πŸ†πŸ₯‡πŸΎ

1 like

All the best for sats run πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ keep us posted xx

1 like

Congratulations!! πŸ…πŸ…

1 like

Absolutely delighted for you - congratulations and very well done! And already going up to 4 miles! Wow! Amazing.

1 like

Thank you! Don't think we'll be running 4 miles with the mud but feel more confident in my fitness & stamina now. My record is 5K in 42 minutes but that will come with time 😳

1 like

Exactly! I had my lovely son all sorted for his first Parkrun last Saturday only for it to be cancelled because of frost :( Hopefully we will get it done on Saturday. Maybe that is something you could look at if there is one near you.

1 like

CONGRATULATIONS πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸπŸŽ“

Well done - it’s such a great feeling isn’t it 😊

Keep on running πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

1 like

Well done,?have a fab run on Saturday πŸ₯‡πŸ†

1 like

Huge congratulations.. what a super positive post.. Newbies...please take note:)

Very well done you...Graduate!

2 likes

I cannot thank you enough Oldfloss, your words of wisdom have served me well! Too much advice to list here but all of it valuable. Thank you for all you do to inspire & encourage 😘

1 like

So inspiring. You give us hope x

1 like

πŸπŸ…πŸ†πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰

Huge congratulations..!! Well done..!!

A really inspiring post ... says it all 😊

Good luck on Saturday, I’m sure you’ll smash that too πŸ€—

1 like

Well done you! That's great :)

1 like

CONGRATULATIONS!

1 like

Massive congrats !! What an inspiring post for others !

1 like

Well done, Jenny - massive congratulations on your graduation and good luck for Saturday (massive respect to you!). I'm sure the occasion will spur you on over the 4 miles. Go girl!

1 like

Congratulations!

1 like

You may also like...