Couch to 5K
60,144 members92,789 posts

oh, boo, week 3 done, but

yet again I didnt change my Garmin from pool swim after my swim yesterday. I thought I had, but the combination of my old lady eyes and the dark meant I happily recorded a 24 minute swim instead of my run.

Having said that, i feel amazing, energised and high, despite slogging up hills (they are pretty steep round here and I wish i could run on the flat sometimes).

Now I'm looking at week 4 and wondering if I can manage the 5 minute runs, but I thought that about running for 3 minutes but I've done it, so I'm guessing it will be fine.

11 Replies
oldestnewest

It will be fine.. Crawl or Butterfly.. you will do it :) I smiled at that!

Just take it slow, take it steady...you are doing brilliantly! Hills too... they are good ??? for us.. but I long for flatness sometimes. I love being at the Coast... ( here now, recharging snail batteries), just for the Esplanade at the end of the run :)

Someone once said when I began this, that we learn to love the hills.. and the rain.. and the wind.. and the hail... They were right..I love every bit of the running!

You are ready for each and very run... and with the exercise you are doing on rest days.. that is all helping!

Onward and errrr... upward :)

2 likes

Crawl or butterfly, LOL. I'm afraid it's just slow breaststroke for me :)

I love wind, rain, hail (not too good on ice) but i reserve judgement on the hills! But seriously, they are already getting easier. I am no longer that red faced gasping thing from week one!

2 likes

Ice is a definite no no.. I had a Bambi incident! Not funny! You are doing just fine :)

Thank you kind person 😊

1 like

You will be fine, if you managed 3 minutes then you can definitely do 5 😊 best of luck

1 like

Thank you 😊 secretly Im looking forward to it. I'm having to force myself to honour my rest day, as I feel so energised that I want to go out and run again tomorrow. I shant, I shall swim instead.

1 like

Haha go you😊swimming up those hills is WAY harder than running 😉

2 likes

😂😂😂😂😂

I think there’s a Kate Bush song about all this - not swimming though...

Hi FlickM3, your swim- run really made me chuckle - but sympathetic chuckle because I would SO do something like that.

Well done you with those hills - I have done much avoiding of those!

The 5 mins will be fine- go slow, gentle and relaxed. This clever program and your clever body have got you all ready for the next step. 😁

Thank you for the reassurance. And I'm a numpty - fancy making the same mistake twice with the watch! As for avoiding the hills, I wish I could. You can’t run for three minutes without having to go both up and down them here. Im in Chipping Norton, which is the highest town in the Cotswolds. I suppose that, hopefully, it will mean I end up super fit and with the stamina of an ox!

2 likes

You may also like...