Couch to 5K
65,256 members98,617 posts

week 2 done

I forgot to have a puff of my inhaler before I went and forgot to strap my knee. What a plonker! I've discovered that I get less tired running in the evening after a day's activity - no idea why; biorhythms or something I guess. This would all be a lot easier if I didn't have to run up and down quite steep slopes: I actually had to stop before the end of the first run, though only by about 10 seconds, because I was struggling uphill (an Age Concern mini van stopped while I was puffing away - are they trying to tell me something?!). But despite all of the above, I'm actually getting faster, without consciously trying, so the program is working. I'm debating whether to repeat week 2. I will see how the first run in week 3 goes, and if I'm finding it too much, I will do week 2 again.

Thanks for the support with my first two posts. It really makes a difference being able to share, and i look forward to being far enough on to encourage others who are starting.

I think the c25k is brilliant. All I have to do now is get over feeling a total burk as i pant along in my flashy running shoes in broad daylight ;)

6 Replies
oldestnewest

You seem to have a great attitude towards it! Getting out there is most important part, I repeated week 3 and 4 but eventually got there! Good luck with week 3 👍🏼

2 likes

LOL, at the moment! Thanks for the support, much appreciated. It's so encouraging to see that people had the same worries and qualms but carried on.

2 likes

I think I run better when I’ve had a busy day and I put it down to being really well warmed up. If you are on your feet and moving forward throughout the day I find it really helps the legs

Good luck with the next session 🙂

2 likes

I think you ate right, though Im retired and do sit a lot reading, or on social media, in between activity, but yes body way more flexible in the evening.

1 like

Go you... well done...despite all you did it... the Age Concern van but made me smile..I noticed a while ago, a defibrillator fitted to the wall of the saw mill at the bottom of the hill... I thought the same as you... ! What are they trying to tell me :)

Take it slow and steady... and remember... as a runner..... there is no way you can ever look silly! No way at all!

Yes, if I had seen the Age Concern van on the way downhill, I could have sailed gracefully past - me struggling uphill was a different matter 😂

Thank you for your reassurance about not looking silly. i shall remember your words next time I puff red faced past the workmen on the corner lol. But, yes, I know Im being silly. My daughter (who is a couple of weeks ahead of me with c25k) pointed out that people running is such a common sight now that nobody takes any notice.

Cant wait to begin week 3, though it might turn out to be a repeat of week 2...we shall see 😊

1 like

You may also like...