Where is dubnde today?

I hear you ask.

On the IC that is where. Not because of running or exercise. I rolled my ankle Saturday while mowing loan in the garden. Yeah you got that right. And I wasn't even the one doing the work - the machine does the work. I swear I am not that stupid most of the time. I know how to walk without injuring myself most of the time 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️. I have done it the majority of my life I swear. I shouldn't swear that much 🤐. Couldn't walk without pain Sunday. Much better today. Will give it to Wednesday and observe how it feels since I have noticed improvement since Saturday. If I feel okay will walk a km or so. Observe. Repeat two days later. Observe. Repeat. Observe. Oh this is getting repetitive! Anyway until I can walk 5K before I go back to any of this jogging thing I hear about. Otherwise will go see GP/Physio if no improvement as I can only walk gently for now.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Oh no! Hope you recover very soon.

If it makes you feel any better, during the summer I managed the world's most absurd household injury. I was washing the terrace at the house by the sea and slipped - the problem was that I took the perilous step just at the same time as I really lunged with the mop (the terrace is huge and it's a big job, so I was really putting some swing into it). This meant that I flew and fell with a flourish straight onto my tailbone and I swear I saw angels singing. I had to call out to my lazybones sleeping husband to help me onto my feet. That first night I barely slept for the pain and I spent a good few days walking like John Wayne. It continued to hurt a lot whenever I sat down for about two months. The annoying thing is that for my family it was just a comedy bum injury so the level of sympathy was sub-zero.

Your recovery plan sounds good and yes, don't delay in seeing your GP if you aren't convinced things are improving.

1 like

Thanks so much. For making me feel like I am in the right company as well. This forum is really the right place to be.

There's something very frustrating about the silly injuries, it wouldn't seem so bad if it was a drama or sport related. Mine is the mis-stepping off one step. Did it once in September, did it again in October....

So good luck with the rehab...

1 like

Thanks. Will take my time. Just concerned I don't want to lose my nascent running mojo.

1 like

And to think my eight year old daughter told me to walk it off. 😢😢

1 like

Hope you got all the lawn mowed - otherwise it would look very half and half! Just be sure your ankle is absolutely OK before you go back out running!!

You may also like...