Couch to 5K

Week 9 Run 3 complete!

Showered and refreshed with a glowing body having completed 40 minutes and 6.22k - including warm up and warm down walks - of my very last Couch to 5k runs.

I completed it once before, in November 2014, without the encouragement of this forum, and once done, the running stopped.

Because of this forum, I have finished this time thinking of things for the future - including Park Runs, (fortuitously just set up in my country) and some other 5k runs, so today should not be the end.

I have completed the runs this time at the age of 71 and a quarter, and after a heart operation five years ago for atrial fibrillation, so each time I set off I say careful goodbyes to the family..... but I kept coming back, even today.

So this is the proof that this course really does work and that anyone can do it. I promote it on my Twitter account every day, because as you all know life is so much better off the Couch.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone on this forum. I have a stack of stats if anyone else is nerdish enough to know how the nine weeks progressed.

Thanks again

15 Replies
oldestnewest

well done you what a fab achievement - it's a relief you kept coming back! Don't forget to get hold of your badge, you've earned it, so show it off with pride. Pinned posts to the right...

1 like

Incredible!!! Well done Duddles

2 likes

Well done

2 likes

Brilliant

2 likes

Wow go you 👏👏👏👏 that's amazing. True inspiration xx

2 likes

Huge, HUGE congratulations.. what a journey !

Go and get that badge... we are all waiting to toast your amazing success... and the best bit..this goes on :)

2 likes

Well done.

You don't have to disappear from the forum just because you have graduated.

2 likes

Thanks - I'll stick around to find out what to do next....

2 likes

Congratulations on your second graduation Duddles😊🎉🎉🎉🎉

You are a fantastic role model for us all at 71 years young and still out running those kms...

Well done and I hope you carry on enjoying your running and writing up run reports. 😊x

2 likes

Wowzers Duddles ?? 71?? I am not worthy...you are absolutely a-maz-zing....I am sending you a virtual high five 🙌....I don’t drink during the week so I will raise more than a glass to you tomorrow....wow xx

2 likes

Thanks, it was your post, about some struggles you were having a few weeks ago, which inspired me to see it through this time.

2 likes

Crikey..just an innocent, honest post can lead to results like yours...fab-u-lous Duddles...brilliantly done xx

1 like

Well done!! Amazing achievement, yes it really does work!

1 like

Congrats, keep up the great work🎉🎊🍾

1 like

Well done! What a fabulous achievement Duddles! Very well done!

You may also like...