Another week out

Well was back to the hospital today for my TIA appointment where it was confirmed i had suffered a mini stroke caused by a clot from my neck exploding up into my brain. Ive got meds to take and back next week for a 48hr ECG and few more tests as i have no risk factors and am still young so they want to investigate it further. Another week off work and another week off the program, hopefully after that i can get back to it again, I’m missing being out there on my early morning runs.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Aww hi ya love at least you no what it was that happened sorry to here you have to have another wk out but you need to get yourself better First I’ll dyill be Hear to cheer you on once you get back to it 😉🏃🏿👍you just rest up it will not belong before you on it again 🏃🏿🏃🏿😉

• So sorry to hear about your difficulties. It must be distressing and frustrating all at once. I hope you get back to it soon, but only when you are fit enough. The programme will still be there, however long you have to wait to return to it. All the best. :-)

• Sorry to hear this. I had a TIA 9 years ago. I had no risk factors either. The good news? I haven't had another one since - and I'm a lot older than you. It's a very scary time for you but I am sure the good old NHS will look after you.

• well done for approaching this with such a positive attitude - only come back to the programme when your ready and the docs say it is ok, the road and the programme will always welcome you back.

• Wishing you all the best and hoping you're soon back out there for your early morning runs

• Thankyou all it is frustrating as im not one for sitting still for long but with my head still not feeling ‘normal’ im not going to do anything to hinder recovery

• Really sorry to hear this - that must have been horrible for you. Hope you get all the care you need now - rest up well and take all the advise you are given. Running will still be here when you are fully recovered. Take care. 🙂

• Oh my? I truly hope you are up & running again soon, but in your own time....virtual hug sent your way x

• Oh dear, you poor thing. I hope all the tests go OK and you feel better soon.

• Sorry to read this, hope you are soon on the mend

• Massive hug to you lil_kim87 ...they found out what happened & they’re treating it so that’s good news..I know it must be frustrating for you but no running until you feel 100%...we want to see the best from you when you’re back xxx

• Thankyou im still going through lots of tests at the hospital, im not one for just sitting around i love to be busy so its all very frustrating at the moment lol also signed off work untill end of the month, ill get there though im a tough cookie

• You certainly sound it...please let us know how you’re getting on x

You may also like...