I'm back!

It's been a while, really couldn't find the motivation or energy (physical, emotional, psychological) to continue after losing my mum suddenly at the beginning of August. I had just completed week 7 at that point - today I have a day off from work and just woke up feeling like I was ready. I fairly arbitrarily decided to go back to week 4 - managed it all except I walked for part of the second 5 minute run. Pretty pleased I wasn't back to week 1 standard when I couldn't even manage all the one minute runs!

So - I'm back. A few pounds heavier after a fair amount of comfort eating and drinking, but it feels good to take control again in some way 😀

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hey there. So sorry for your loss. Totally understandable that the motivation left you for a while! Well done on your run and welcome back !

• So sorry for your loss. No wonder you needed down time. Maybe running will be some time just for you, a way of looking after and nurturing yourself. I feel that way when I'm running now. Very well done for getting back to it.

• Here you are again.. and we are still here too! Very well done..just keep it slow and steady as you get back on track :)

• Thanks - feels good to be back!

• Sorry.. hit the button too quickly!

I am so sorry about your Mum...many of us know what you must be feeling :) This could be just the thing to lift your spirits a little and get you back on the road :) x

• Welcome back and be kind to yourself. You've been through so much and are still on that journey. Running will help - of that I am sure. Keep posting.

• Hi Ssp68,

So sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your mum, such a difficult blow...

Getting back to running will give you focus, take it easy, build slowly, and be kind to yourself. You are in control and there is no rush.😊xxx

• So sorry about your mum and well done you on coming back to the running fold, it's lovely to see you again. Hoping that the running gives you the control you want.

• So sorry for the loss of your mum.

Welcome back ..... just take it easy and be kind to yourself.

You've taken a great big step to return 🤗

X

You may also like...