W2 R1 that was a challenge!

I was ok until the final 1:30 run, that nearly killed me! I couldn't even bring my legs to do a brisk walk to cool down πŸ˜‚ Got a Fitbit today so it was interesting to see stats after too. Let's hope run 2 is a little easier!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I would say perhaps you need to run more slowly? It's easy to set off fast but in Week 2 you don't have the conditioning for it...

• Slow down...then you will find the next run a breeze!

Well done you!

• Thanks Oldfloss! I think you're right, my pace today was probably quicker than w1. It's amazing how often you need to keep reminding yourself to slow down, isn't it?!

• Oh yes.. even I have to tell myself.. slow down you!!!

• Keep with me and let the 🐌 overtake and it's a bit easier: Doing this run for the second time tomorrow morning. Well done for completing it

• Thanks! Maybe if I wear a shell on my back it'll be a constant reminder to slow down?! Good luck tomorrow morning

• I can't really do anything but slow so it works for me.I'll post how I get on next time. Good luck for your next run.

• Thank you 😊

• Start my week 2 on Tuesday and worried about jelly legs too, well done for completing it ... doesn't matter how fast you get there... every finish is a win... feel as proud of yourself as we are of you πŸ‘πŸƒπŸ‘

Ps...Fitbit is addictive... had mine for a couple of month and I am obsessed!! The Strava app is good too... you can build up a log of all your runs with stats etc ...

• Thank you! You're right, I should feel proud and stop thinking about how it was challenging. Good luck on Tuesday, let us know how it goes 😁

• snail pace minus 1 and today I even got down to snail pace minus 2

• Slowly, slowly, very slowly...it will be easier the slower you start, it easy to start Week 2 with quicker running because you think that’s what you ought to do but actually it’s best to start every run slowly, even at W9R3 πŸ˜‰

• Well done!!

I used to do that too early on... almost sprint then be puffed out and struggle (still have to be mindful of that) but once I realized what I was doing β€˜wrong’ I slowed and settled in to a good pace.

I need to speed up again now!

Stick with it πŸ˜ƒ.

• Glad to hear I'm not the only one who's done that, so thank you! It's another lesson learnt and will hopefully make it more enjoyable next time 😁

You may also like...