Week 5 run 3 - did I actually just do that?!?! - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
83,022 members β€’ 114,536 posts

Week 5 run 3 - did I actually just do that?!?!

I cannot believe what I've done. Not that many weeks ago running for a minute was challenging.

I was a bit worried - but thanks to those who advised on the mental challenge of convincing myself to keep going. Every time Laura told me another 5 minutes had passed I just reminded myself that a couple of weeks ago I couldn't manage more than 5 minutes at all.

It seemed to work well, because I did it. Breathing deeply also seemed to help with fatigue!

Starting to look very autumnal now!

19 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Fantastic well done! This run is such a milestone to accomplish, so very well done to you!

2 likes

Well done πŸ‘πŸΌ This was the run for me when everything clicked into place!! Good job πŸ‘πŸΌ

3 likes

Good job ;)

I have the same run to do on Monday, I hope that I duplicate your success!

3 likes

Nice and slow and enjoy the scenery

You have passed the point of no return..........you are a runner now.

Congratulations.

4 likes

Oh yeah!!! This is it!!! It's the one where you think to yourself -- hang on, if I can run 20 minutes, surely I can work my way up to 22 -- 25 -- 28 -- 30 -- maybe even further -- you know what, I don't have to worry -- just keep running and THE TROPHY IS MINE FOR THE TAKING!!

3 likes

Well done! You are indeed a runner, and you did that all yourself :-)

1 like

Hopefully this I'll be me tomorrow as I've reached w5r3 . Well done πŸ˜€awesome job x

2 likes

It will :)

1 like

Looking forward to reading your 'woo hoo' post tomorrow

1 like

I'm on it πŸ˜€ couple of things I gotta do first then trainers at the ready . My heads there so hope my legs follow suit x

Hi there runner! On the way and looking good!

PS

You crunched all those leaves didn't you :)

1 like

First one where I've woken the next morning with muscles feeling a little achy! But I'm sure they'll be recovered for starting week 6 on the weekend.

1 like

Yay! Well done Ashleev! W5R3 is an amazing accomplishment and feels quite the miracle. It almost feels like a reward for all the hard work you have put in, a chance to show you what your body/mind is now capable of. So happy for you. πŸ˜€

1 like

Yes!!!!! W5 R3 is just the best for your running self esteem isn't it. Now you know it's mind over matter and you can do anything. Well done!

1 like

Fab-u-lous!!!! That run was a toughy for me, I think I had 3 attempts at it!!! It is more of a mental challenge, as you say, but you got rid of those pesky gremlins, dug deep & nailed it...superstar!!!

1 like

Woo hooooo! Get you Mrs 20 Minutes!

It's such a great run to do and achieve as you realise mentally what your body can do physically.

It's a great feeling isn't it?!

And....you are now more than half way through the program.

Enjoy your Friday W5R3 glass o wine this evening and looking forward to your W6R1 post.

1 like

Well done .. it's such a buzz when that milestone run completed and gave me confidence in completing the next few weeks πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ keep going fellow runner

1 like

This was me today, couldn't believe it. Guess this is the runners high you hear of ha ha x

You may also like...