Intervals - why so hard?

Intervals - why so hard?

That is because I started like the flash that is why. And I am not the flash just to clarify. Actually I am so not the flash. Couldn't start slow. For some reason I overestimated how quickly I should have been going as per my plan. Yes I have to follow a plan in these early days otherwise will get lost easily. But follow it I should.

I am not feeling bad about it. I run after all. Just weird that my mind tells me to go slow and my body has no idea and wants to avoid (too fast or too slow) the target pace I so carefully set from my previous run. It has other plans.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Help me to interpret the screenshot please? I think I run fast at your walking pace but I don't really understand what the screen is telling me :-)

• Was meant to run between 7.31 - 6.51 mins for a km. Then walk for 4 mins at 8.41 - 7.27 mins/km. Then repeat for couple more times. Went too fast and run 6.13 mins for the first km and even my 4 minute jog pace was too fast. I was all over the place

• Got it. You didn't really fall actually within any interval time, did you?

• That is correct. Either too fast or too slow for the target pace. Need to ask my app to gimme more frequent feedback. Just to help me out. Had it set to every five minutes or every km.

• You could tie your laces together... NO..that was a joke! Try running backwards at the start... NO....that was a joke too..( although I have tried that...) Posted this when I was covering Snippets for Irishprincess

pyroenergen.com/articles/ba...

Maybe try counting when you start... very slow counting... :)

• Running backwards with laces tied together maybe.

• Pacing is the most difficult aspect for just about all runners. It does get easier.

There is not much point setting out fast. Most people trying to achieve equal splits will find their first kilometre the slowest, simply because the body is not settled. Just tell yourself to start slowly each run and consciously slow down.

• Do you run to music? There are various places* you can find music with specific BPM so you could create a specific playlist for your interval run.

*which I can't think of right now, sorry, not enough coffee, but if you Google it you'll find them

You may also like...