Couch to 5K
57,606 members90,103 posts

W6R3

Should have done this last Friday, but didn't. The days have gone by and I still haven't done it, so in effect I haven't run since last Wednesday. Doing my first park run on Saturday with my daughter and granddaughter, so I've just got to get out there tomorrow morning and complete W6. If I don't, those evil C25K gremlins will get me. Onward and upward!

18 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes. Go out and do it. Don't miss it. Definitely don't miss two in a row. Slippery slooooooope.

2 likes

Thanks ejvcruns. Will do. It'll be 8 days since I last ran - can't let this go on.

1 like

You know I suffered a big motivation crisis at the start of week 7. I think I couldn't face finishing or something. It gets better. You are almost there.

2 likes

Eileen, you can do this, you know you can. I write my planned runs on our family calendar, that way, unless there is a really good reason, I have to run (or experience the inquisition from my family). Even my father (82) has taken to ringing me up to ask if I've been running. 🤓

7 likes

I like that Razouski! My father (88) is the same. He is my greatest encourager! He used to love running and is very happy that I have finally discovered the joys for myself!

After a number of years caring for my mum through Alzheimer's my dad took up kayaking for the first time last year and has started keeping fit since he saw me trying to get fit after cancer.

3 likes

How wonderful! I think our dads would get on well!

1 like

Slow and steady... and really take it easy at Park Run...it is still quite early in the programme for you.. so make sure you walk and run... :)

2 likes

Thanks Oldfloss. I've been told we'll be running for no longer than 10 minutes a time, with 5 minutes of walking in between despite my protestations that I can run for more than 20 minutes now!

Will look for your post tomorrow lunchtime eileen...good luck

Nice and steady 😊x

1 like

Thanks jan-now-runs. Will do

1 like

Get your running stuff out tonight, Eileen, so you wake up tomorrow and have no excuses! You will feel so pleased when you have run. Don't let those gremlins get you!

2 likes

Good tip ,I all ways do this . It works

2 likes

Thanks Mimirossi. Charging up my phone now for the podcast.

2 likes

Go for it!

1 like

Get up,Get out ,you will be so glad you did . Good luck

2 likes

Thanks Rockette

Good Luck Eileen. You can do it!

You may also like...