Change4Life App not having it

Change4Life App not having it

I have used the Change4Life C25K app from day 1. However W8 tells me I am done a minute before it has finished - on 27 minutes. Noticed this on my last two runs. Laura clearly says I could stop running. My stopwatch still had a minute to go. So I continue and again she said I could stop into a brisk walk only this time at the right time. Normally she says there is a minute to go. Not with W8 though. Gonna jump ship to the Public Health England one.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I haven't got any experience of using the Change 4 Life app but I do use the One You app (the Public Health England one) and really rate it. I hope you have more luck with it than Change 4 Life.

• Thanks. Next run Sunday with Jo Wiley

• I am wondering why you are messing with a stopwatch rather than just focussing on the run and doing whatever the app tells you?

The precise minutes, I suspect, matter less than acquiring the discipline of just doing what we are told. (Not a comfortable thing for many of us, and of course, in many areas of our life, with good reason)

And a shout out for the podcasts. You just put them on and go. More technically robust, no fussing with soundtracks, and if you don't like Laura's musical offerings, well, graduate and then you get to choose your own.

• Thanks for the advice. Had a running app at same time and it didn't update me. Even the countdown on this particular C25K app still had a minute to go. I agree with you small matter to some. Important to me that I get those 28 minutes in. At a minimum.

Didn't say I don't like Laura's podcasts. I actually prefer Laura over the others. I chose the app for exactly this reason not top bother with anything else.

Was just pointing out there is an issue with W8 for this specific app. As I would rather just listen to the app an get on with it.

Bring on W8R3.

You may also like...