View from the podium! : Just finished my... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

109,750 members141,884 posts

View from the podium!

Fatpuffin
FatpuffinGraduate

Just finished my graduation run! It was a lovely sunny morning and as I finished I was walking past the village church. Just as I clicked 'end and save' the church bells started to ring. Not quite a confetti cannon but it put a grin on my face!

Before this I had not run since forced into it at school. A few months ago my daughter and I went out for a hilarious 'test' run: how on earth DO you even run and could we do it? Answer: not very well and not for long! Can't believe how far I've come.

This forum has been an amazing support and encouragement- thanks to all and good luck to those hoping to graduate this coming week. I'm now thinking about where to go next with running. Have already ordered my ear warmers and buff for winter runs though, so no chance of stopping!

18 Replies
oldestnewest
helenwheels
helenwheelsGraduate

Very very well done :) Bask in the glory for the rest of the day. You are amazing!

Indizulu
IndizuluGraduate

Woohooo Congratulations Graduate - enjoy the feeling and the very best for your future running adventures!!👏👏👏🍀

Hidden
Hidden

Brilliant achievement, well done 👏

CookieM
CookieMGraduate

Congratulations! 🎓🏅🎉😎

Well done, enjoy that feeling

Polly2810
Polly2810Graduate

Congratulations!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Well done you that is a lovely smile and a great shade of runner's pink. Fab and already ordering winter weather gear, that's commitment for you.

danzargo
danzargoGraduate

Good for you. Isn't it the best feeling? Keep em coming!

Hidden
Hidden

"Congratulations " Well done ! 🍾🎉🎓👏👏👏

Congratulations puffin😄

Those churchbells rang on cue🎉🎉🎉

Well done on your graduation run 👏👏👏

Woo hoo! Well done! Loved that the bells were ringing when you finished, even they wanted you to celebrate x

PaulaHud46
PaulaHud46Graduate

Love that the bells were ringing for you, totally get that! Very well done 👍 I need to order something lightweight for the colder months, a coat is too hot but a Tshirt not enough 🤔

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Massive congratulations... what a photograph..it says it all...and the best bit... after the Graduation party... this, is just the beginning!

HeleneCorsa
HeleneCorsaGraduate

Brilliant, well done!

Fatpuffin
FatpuffinGraduate

Thanks all for your lovely comments and encouragement. X

Getfitok
GetfitokGraduate

Well done you! Great feeling isn't it?

You look more like a real runner than a fat puffin to me! Well done. I love the church bells!

Fatpuffin
FatpuffinGraduate in reply to Jododds

Thank you!

You may also like...