W7 R1 Done - Is it getting easier?

Well, I didn't fancy running today but its funny how sometimes they turn out to be enjoyable runs. I certainly enjoyed finishing it!

It's amazing how the body or legs 'remember' how to go on. I felt like stopping every 3 minutes but I think you can talk yourself out of stopping , you just have to slow down.

I went off too fast although I wasn't trying to consciously go fast, and I managed to run for 25 minutes (I was trying to get round to doing 4k as well as 25 minutes non stop). I did 3.8k in 26 minutes before I stopped, so I nearly achieved the second target that I set myself today.

I ran a bit again at the end so I managed to do 5K (running and walking) in 36 minutes and today I only walked 5 minutes. The progress after week 5 is pretty rapid, so its the most interesting part of the course and looking back, week 6 is the really hard work , and the rest is I guess consolidation.

Times- I don't think they are going to decrease rapidly from now on but a 6 minute per kilometre would be my target which would be a 5K in 30 minutes. Fair bit off that yet.

6.44m

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...