First 30-minute run was bittersweet

First the GREAT news: I nailed that first 30 minuter! I was careful to start slow, then taper ;) to make sure I could do the whole thing without walking, and it worked! In fact, I felt amazing, right up until the cool-down walk (see next bit).

Bad news: Some hip flexor pain that I'd been ignoring for a while really flared up. By the time I got home I was hobbling. I'm sitting here writing this with an ice bag in my lap. :(

I stretch regularly after every run, and I never run on consecutive days. Anyone out there with any helpful tips, please??

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • When you do your stretching, are you specifically doing stretches to open up your hip flexors? I don't mean to sound like I'm asking a silly question, but if that is where your mobility issue is, no amount of calf/hamstring stretches are going to help.

Have a look at mobilitywod.com

• Not a silly question at all, Rignold. In fact I have been doing one particular hip opening stretch, but clearly I need to explore further. Thanks for the suggestion!

You may also like...