Preferred time to run during the day. - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
84,642 members β€’ 116,386 posts

Preferred time to run during the day.

For me, it seems to be the evening, although I wouldn't mind doing a morning run some time.

What time of the day do you tend to run?

12 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

I am a crack of dawn runner as you will see if you read my post this morning you can't beat it for waking you up

2 likes

I don't read all the posts, sorry. :)

I like running in the morning - it's cooler, quieter and there are fewer people around, as well as setting me up nicely for the rest of the day :)

2 likes

I run first thing, anytime between 7am and 7.30pm - partly because it's too damn warm for me any later than that! I come back looking like a beetroot as it is πŸ˜“

2 likes

because of family commitments and the fact i am not a morning person i tend to run late evening, usually around 9 pm it starts to cool down nicely then as well, plus there's not a great deal of people around as well which is a bonus

Definitely mornings. Sets me up for the day and is a great way to find some me-time and plan the day ahead. I'm not really a morning person but experience has taught me that I'm too tired after work and I can't predict when I get home (sometimes overtime gets in the way).

1 like

Mornings every time... :) Start the day well with a clear head, and feeling ready to rumble :)

Usually before 7.30 a.m. and these mornings... 6 ish :) Beautiful!

1 like

I like mornings, running too late leaves me too hyped up to sleep! I am not a natural morning person, but its amazing how good you feel when you make the effort.

1 like

I prefer mornings once I'm up but I do really struggle to coax myself out of bed on a work day.

1 like

I've just moved to morning runs. So I go at 6am. Now that the warmer weather is here it's cooler and fresher to run earlier. When Autumn/Winter returns I may go back to running after work (3.45pm)

1 like

Crack of dawn. Have an 11 year old daughter and care for mother in law and mother who have dementia. Its the only time I can fit it in and also if I leave it until the evening I am too tired and find it nigh on impossible.

I'm a morning runner. I get up at 6. Then I have to walk my dogs once I'm back and showered and then off to work

I lose motivation as the day goes on so definitely would have the attitude of 'I'll do it tomorrow'

You may also like...