Wk3 R1 DONE!!!

Wk3 R1 DONE!!!

Yay yay yay!!! Alarm was set for 6am to go out and do run1 of week3, alarm went off i woke with a stinking headache so went back to bed. 10.30am i decided sod it suns out headaches wearing off ill go for it and im so glad i did, i took myself off down the canal and it was lovely, ducks and other birds lined the canal grass, lots of canal boats were about, the sun was gorgeous i even went out in shorts which isnt something i often venture out in. That last 3 minute run i did find a little bit of the struggle but i did it and even after the 5min warm down walk i felt like i could run again for a little longer (thought id better not though)

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done!! I too struggled with the last 3 minute run but I keep reminding myself that I was struggling with a 1 minute run 3 weeks ago!

Keep posting - you are motivating me to carry on knowing we are at the same point !

• Well done! Glad to hear you recovered from the excesses of the weekend! I am going to be heading out in an hour or so to do run2.( It's still morning here) Even the drizzle isn't putting me off, maybe we really are catching this running bug!

Welcome to the Week 3 Warriors Club!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Well done. I too completed W3 R1 today - can't say I was looking forward to it and my legs were protesting by the time I got to the second 3 min run but I did it and that felt good 👍

• I did it! Legs now joining lungs in the ' I'm not keen on this' camp. But, they will get used to it and WE WILL run for 30 minutes this summer👍🏼👍🏼🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️✋🏻

• we certainly will :)

• My legs have just totally given up on me, once i was home from my run i went and mowed the lawn (i have a big garden) so im totally pooped lol

• Well done!!

• Well done I've just competed w3r1 tonight and found the last 3 min run hard work. But I did it. Am sooo knackered now tho. Good luck with run 2 let's keep everyone posted x

• Well done on your run and same to you :)

• Well done ! I sometimes run along a canal route too , its great to see all the boats, ducks and dogs all enjoying the fresh air .

Keep going , youre doing great ! :-) xxx

• Well done, I've got R3W3 tomorrow and can't believe how much I'm looking forward to it.

• Im back out first thing saturday morning really looking forward to it :)

• I can honestly say I have never looked at a runner and thought that it looks enjoyable, in fact I used to think "why"?

But now I know, although the running itself isn't exactly the most fun I can have, the feeling when I complete a new run or finish the week is great, the sense of achievement I get when I couldn't even run for the bus 3/4 weeks ago is well worth it.

• I know what you mean i used to look at people out running and think why would you even put yourself through that. I enjoy my runs if im down by the canal and the weathers good but i feeling i get once ive completed it is something else

You may also like...