I'm still in a state of wondering disbelief and squeaking excitement at having completed this morning. But as I was happily passing the minutes jogging along, expecting any moment to have to stop because surely this couldn't be me running for 30 mins for the third time this week, I thought of all the wonderful things C25K has given me. If you have any more suggestions do add to the list!
1. A truly wonderful sense of achievement
2. The knowledge I can overcome seemingly impossible obstacles
3. Being the sort of person who can decide on something and do it!
4. Patience -- following the instructions and achieving a goal through steady improvement rather than demanding quick results
5. Trust -- trusting the programme and not placing myself in danger of injury (I will confess I have found this hard and my natural tendency to push it a bit has brought me perilously close to doing something stupid. Hence a twingey periformis I will now have to watch)
6. Self love -- giving myself some time and tlc
7. Camaraderie -- all the lovely folk on this forum are just some of the many really brilliant running folk to be found everywhere -- at Parkruns, out and about on the streets, etc.. Runners are the NICEST bunch of sportspeople, and so encouraging.
8. Catching a 'bug' -- I never thought I'd ever catch a fitness bug, but I think this could be it. I'm very excited about my next steps
9. Confidence -- hey, I can run for 30 mins without stopping!
10. A spring in my step, a brighter outlook on life and a new attitude to problems
11. Weight loss -- along with watching what I eat I've lost a stone since I started. Amazing!
12. And oh, did I say it already, I CAN RUN FOR 30 MINUTES WITHOUT STOPPING!!!!!
If you're not there yet yourself, even if you've only just started, it won't be long before you are exactly where I am today. It's a great, great, great feeling. And if I can do it, SO CAN YOU!