Week 9 day 1

Just completed this but I actually ran for 33 mins......I'll be honest I don't like running and it really has been a challenge getting here....however this morning I covered just over 4km in 33 mins and I actually enjoyed it.......I even got back without the standard ribena head that I usually have.....I wasn't out of breath.....my head didn't look like it was about to explode and I didn't suffer with the usual fat runners heel.....omg it all clicked into place this morning....what's happened......I've woken up asome a real bona fida runner!!!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's great work karenk72! I'm not a fan of running indoors but with the rain this morning I am going to go for it on the treadmill in a bit. I know what you mean about it being a challenge but look, you pushed yourself and you have made progress as well as enjoyed it after all. It won't always be happy days with running but continuing to have a strong mentality is so key even when your body is not feeling up to running. Well done and enjoy the rest of your day!

• :) It creeps up on you! I avoided all forms of physical exercise at school and did very little for the following 35 years or so and yet somehow, this year when I will be turning 60, I have just run my first marathon. C25k has a lot to answer for!

Great going, keep it up!

• Nice one Karenk72, may you have very many more enjoyable runs. Keep it up.

• "Ribena head" :)

You may also like...