W1D3 - On a Friday!!

Well I never thought the first thing I'd do on a Friday after a busy week at work would be to put on shorts, tshirt and trainers and go running!! Even though it may not be much, I am really chuffed with myself.

The mental barrier is still there but confident it will pass. In fact tonight noticed that even after just three runs, effort felt less and recovery was quicker although I do need to get some reasonable trainers as running a bit flat footed and heavy.

Right... as it's Friday, I may now indulge in a cold cider, I feel I've earnt it!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done. Breaking through mental barriers are just as important as the physical ones.

Definitely invest in some good running shoes that are the right ones for you, so worth it.

• I like to run on Friday straight after work- then home for a shower and then a glass of wine

• Me too. I reckon I run faster on friday nights! 🍷

• Well done πŸ‘πŸ» thats great πŸ˜€. The mental barrier will definitely pass, especially with the positive attitude you obviously have!

You may also like...